Chrome Piece Overlays

Lindsaysarah

Hey guys I was just wondering if anyone has come across or knows where I can get overlays for my chrome pieces on my 2014 si sedan. My boyfriend was changing out the H badge on the front of my car and when it finally popped off (it was a ***** to get out) he slipped and scratched the chrome piece. Its seriously triggering my OCD not to mention its a brand new car so it just looks bad. If anyone has any suggestions at all they would be greatly appreciated!!!sad.jpg

See the link below. You can pick which shade of vinyl you want and apply it with a heat gun to whatever area you prefer and mold it to the shape of the chrome piece on your car. Not sure that they have overlays cut out specifically for that chrome grill piece on our cars.

http://grfxpstore.com/store/VinylByTheFoot

Another solution could be to cover the surrounding area and use black plastidip spray which you can purchase at Home Depot. It's a durable rubberized paint which also looks good to cover the chrome.

Last edited:
plastidip/paint or vinyl are probably your options. Drive it around enough and it'll be inevitable that rock chips will continue to do that to other parts unfortunately. That's maybe a good reason to go over it with some plastidip color of your choice.

Here's mine vinyled much nicer than plasti dip
yqe8aguq.jpg

yeah i was thinking that the carbon fiber vinyl would look pretty sick if i did it to the front and back pieces. how much did you have to buy to cover the front and back chrome portion? was it relatively easy to do? would a blow dryer be sufficient to work as the heat source? sorry for the million questions i just dont want it too look ghetto or riced out haha.

Back