Civic Si spoiler on non-Si coupe?

rambunctious

I don't know if there was anyone else contemplating getting an Si spoiler for their coupe? I was the dealership for a routine oil change and slipped to the parts area to ask about fitting it. According to the parts guy the part #on the trunk lid on the Si and non-Si are different... I'm still not 100% convinced though.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

someone has already done a trunk swap. The si/non-si trunks are interchangeable.

the two are different in design, but they are the same size/bolt up the same.

look at the 3rd brake light on the spoiler - SI & compare to the pictures below for non-si trim levels

328511_10150763754690022_797575021_20321972_3231130_o.jpg

LX and below trim
lx.png

EX and above trim
ex.png

I don't know about the sedans, but on my Si coupe my spoiler is really like an extension of my trunk lid. So I'm guessing you'd have to swap the whole trunk since the trunk and spoiler are essentially molded into one large piece.

probably the best pic of the si trunk/spoiler that I have ...at the corner

si07.jpg

so I guess it's safe to say - if you're trying to take off the SI spoiler and put it on a non-si car... it's not going to work. You can swap trunks between si/non si cars though. If you want to swap bad, you may be able to find someone wanting to swap. You'd just have to find another member with the same paint as you.

Thanks Webby, none of my own pics were close enough but thats what I was trying to explain... while the trunk and spoiler are "technically" 2 separate pieces, the trunk lid molds/blends into the spoiler shape.

The sedan Si ones are different though so they might fit a non-Si? I don't think the trunks have the pieces built out on the sides like the coupes do but I'm not sure if the trunks on the sedans are the same shape as those on the coupes.

he said he wanted the coupe si spoiler though...

I'd have to dig, but this is one of the larger pics of the si sedan I have

click to enlarge it
white2.jpg

Yeah, I was just thinking that maybe the sedan one would fit on the coupe since the coupe has a whole other trunk. Based on the pic, the sedan doesn't appear to have as much of a curve/arc as the coupe though.

Found the pics of the sedan trunk swap..​
before​
8aa53b7d.jpg

after
6bb95db5.jpg

Would like to see a pic of a SI coupe's rear spoiler close up if possible, was wondering if it would bolt up to a LX coupe?...thanks.

one person claimed they did it on a sedan but never posted pics. If you look at the coupe picture in post 6, you can see how it's kind of molded into the design of the trunk

I wanna swap my Si trunk for a ex trunk, although the spoiler isn't huge or obnoxious I still don't like it. Does anyone know where I could order the ex trunk for a coupe? I guess I could always go to the dealership and ask parts.

if there is someone on here with the same color trunk, you could swap. Otherwise, you'd need to go through the dealership to buy it

if there is someone on here with the same color trunk, you could swap. Otherwise, you'd need to go through the dealership to buy it

I think I would just buy one rather than swap, that way if I ever need to resell it, it will have original parts. I'll ask my dealer for prices on Monday. Thanks though :)

actually, you do have the option of going to an auto body repair place - (collision center). They could also quote you a trunk & paint it to your color code as well. Maybe cheaper that way

Hmmm good option. I think I have a buddy that works at an auto body shop, I'll have to see if he can help me out.

Back