Civic Si Subwoofer rattling noise

SiEnthusiast

Not sure where to post this, but this might be it.

I have my bass set to max and my sub as well, treble at max, and faded to the rear about 2 clicks.

Seems that i get alot of rattling from the sub.. I opened up the trunk with the sub playing and it was definitely the culprit.

Was wondering if anyone else was experiencing this, and what you have done to minimize it.

BTW, i don't think it is the subwoofer that is bad, but i think it's causing the plastic panel on top to rattle. I don't want to sound like the guy next door to me lol... Has a 15 on an old beat up car and doesn't have the trunk soundproofed. The rattling and vibrations are disgusting.

im having the same problem, still trying to figure it out what piece of plastic is rattling

or the trunk metal thing a ma bobs dat retract in and out every time u open and close the trunk
dat was trouble with the car b4 my si

or the trunk metal thing a ma bobs dat retract in and out every time u open and close the trunk
dat was trouble with the car b4 my si
translation
Or the trunk metal thing-a-ma-bob that retracts in and out every time you open and close the trunk. That was trouble with my car before my Si.

It's the plastic panel that covers the sub and the other 2 speakers behind the back seats.
As long as there is pressure on it it doesn't rattle, will have to come up with something to fix it once im back from my cruise

If you can take a picture of it...... What if you take the cover off, or paste some rubber sheeting to the panel ? Just thinking on the fly.....

yeah those rear decks rattle on a lot of vehicles once the bass gets turned up... honestly, if you can remove it (as monk said) see if you can get some dynamat/rubber sheeting in a few key areas to "put pressure" to hold it tightly... try experimenting with pressure on different areas of the deck to see which ones will stop the vibrations... could save you a lot of time/effort if you only need a couple of 1" x 1" pieces wedged under there

Its the metal deck that supports the rear speakers rattling, a little dyna mat here and there should solve your problem.

Hello, I just wanted to let you know that I had this exact problem. It turns out that there is an unlisted recall on one of the seatbelts. They tried to tell me it was the license plate/frame and possible the speaker. But it was indeed a part that was missing for one of the back seatbelts.

I hope this helps.

Hello, I just wanted to let you know that I had this exact problem. It turns out that there is an unlisted recall on one of the seatbelts. They tried to tell me it was the license plate/frame and possible the speaker. But it was indeed a part that was missing for one of the back seatbelts.

I hope this helps.
hey tori, do you have the part # and recall #? mine rattles like CRAZY

Back