Clark's mods, sort of lol = )

Matsweeper

New Jersey
Vehicle Model
Civic
Body Style
Sedan
] Hey guys so I'm not really into modding my Civic, well maybe just a little. Here is a background of my ride.

2014 Honda Civic EXL-with Nav
Modern steel metallic color
Black interior

Mods:
OEM all season floor mats
OEM door visors
OEM Moonroof visor
OEM splash guard
OEM trunk mat
OEM side molding
35% Renegade tints Color stable
Morimoto mini H1 retrofit 5000K HID
Morimoto XB LED projected fog lights
Philips LED interior lighting
Philips LED trunk lighting
Philips Brake Lights (all 3)
Philips license plate lighting
Bridgestone Blizzak WS80 Winter tire/rims package
Here are some pics of when I just purchased the car. It was starting to snow a tiny bit.

IMG_0800.jpg IMG_0800.jpg IMG_0801.jpg IMG_0805.jpg IMG_0808.jpg IMG_0818.jpg

Last edited:
Look at you with your fancy power seats. I wish the Si had them. :(

You are off to a good start with your "mods."

Welcome.

Winter tire/rim package arrived on time! Here in NJ it's either really hot (over 100 degrees) or really cold (under-10).

These are Bridgestone Blizzak WS80 and 16" rims
IMG_0132 2.JPG

Last edited:
LED headlight unit from xenon depot:
My wife purchase this for my birthday! I'm happy and LOVE them. Now find myself looking to drive at night lol
I also attached a picture of my car next to my wife's 2013 EXL.
Honestly AWESOME mod!!! I can actually see at night now!

IMG_0187.JPG IMG_0198.JPG IMG_0208.JPG IMG_0124.JPG IMG_0125.JPG IMG_0126.JPG IMG_0151.JPG IMG_0153.JPG

Last edited:
Just ordered my interior LED kit and license plate LED bulb from iJDMToy. I ordered it on the 23rd of March (currently March 29). USPS said it was supposed to arrive yesterday so I"m bummed out, I really wanted to have it installed for the weekend. Hopefully tomorrow and I will take pics and upload them!

Finally! What I have in the mail! interior LED lights from iJDMtoy. These lights are BRIGHT. I feel like it's almost a stadium in the interior. Really bright.

Installations was super easy however I had some trouble getting the front two to stay put and match the one next to it. Finally got it good though.

License plate lights are AWESOME! I really did NOT want projected ones where you can see the cut off line, I didn't want to see blue or dim lights. I didn't want to see SUPER bright lights either. I'm SUPER glad I got this as the 10 dollar add on. It is just bright enough.

A bit bummed I didn't get one for my trunk as that is in MAJOR need of lighting upgrade.

Anyway here are some pics. BTW pics do not do it justice.

Attachments

• IMG_0318.JPG
    IMG_0318.JPG
    774 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_0319.JPG
    IMG_0319.JPG
    989.4 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG_0322.JPG
    IMG_0322.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 63
  • IMG_0326.JPG
    IMG_0326.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 68
  • IMG_0332.JPG
    IMG_0332.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 69
  • IMG_0339.JPG
    IMG_0339.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 67
  • IMG_0340.JPG
    IMG_0340.JPG
    987.1 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_0341.JPG
    IMG_0341.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 71
  • IMG_0351.JPG
    IMG_0351.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 75
  • IMG_0329.JPG
    IMG_0329.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 71
Finally! What I have in the mail! interior LED lights from iJDMtoy. These lights are BRIGHT. I feel like it's almost a stadium in the interior. Really bright.

Installations was super easy however I had some trouble getting the front two to stay put and match the one next to it. Finally got it good though.

License plate lights are AWESOME! I really did NOT want projected ones where you can see the cut off line, I didn't want to see blue or dim lights. I didn't want to see SUPER bright lights either. I'm SUPER glad I got this as the 10 dollar add on. It is just bright enough.

A bit bummed I didn't get one for my trunk as that is in MAJOR need of lighting upgrade.

Anyway here are some pics. BTW pics do not do it justice.
Looks great! LEDs are an awesome upgrade! You should looks into some for your reverse lights too! I did mine and I love them! Do you have any other plans for your car?

Thanks! Trunk LED I will look into reverse like. I will do research and make sure it doesn't effect the rear view camera view.

OEM interior LED door sill.

That's about it. I we planning on upgrading the speakers/amp but not a high priority at the moment. I guess I'm 90% done with my planned mods.

Thanks! Trunk LED I will look into reverse like. I will do research and make sure it doesn't effect the rear view camera view.

OEM interior LED door sill.

That's about it. I we planning on upgrading the speakers/amp but not a high priority at the moment. I guess I'm 90% done with my planned mods.
I replaced all my bulbs and have not had any issues with the exception of the turn signals. All I needed to do was add resistors so they don't hyper flash. Didn't need resistors for any other bulbs including brake or reverse lights. Also haven't had any issues with my rear view camera after replacing bulbs.

Here are some pics I took today after a nice wash! hope you like.

My next future mods will be:
OEM Honda illuminated door sill
9005 LED light kid from Xenondepot. I'm afraid because these will work as DRL that they will not be visible in the daytime because of low power.
LED fog lights. Looking for yellow ones without a fan.

I think at this point my mods will end.

Anyone have LED lighting for DRL that serve as High beam AND DRL that can provide some feedback? I saw nice LED bulbs but they don't serve as High Beams and although i use them 99% less now that I have LED headlight kit, i still want to have them available when needed.

Attachments

• IMG_0892.jpg
    IMG_0892.jpg
    318.6 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_0906.jpg
    IMG_0906.jpg
    240.3 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_0924.jpg
    IMG_0924.jpg
    202.4 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_0926.jpg
    IMG_0926.jpg
    226.6 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_0916.jpg
    IMG_0916.jpg
    218.9 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_0903_Edited.jpg
    IMG_0903_Edited.jpg
    269.9 KB · Views: 55
Here are some pictures of the lighting of the interior and exterior.

The LED interior lights I purchased from iJDMToy is pretty bright. These picture are pretty spot on. The back door appear darker because I have 30% tints on.

In the last picture you can see my LED headlight unit I purchased from XenonDepot. My driveway has uneven spots so where I parked, the front of the car is higher then the rear, hence why the lighting is a bit higher.

No fogs lights on in these pictures

Attachments

• IMG_0940.jpg
    IMG_0940.jpg
    165.4 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_0941.jpg
    IMG_0941.jpg
    180 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_0949.jpg
    IMG_0949.jpg
    294.4 KB · Views: 42
In these pictures I turned on my stock halogen Fog lights and stood in the middle of the car to see the lighting color. Then I have one with the door open showing the interior LED with the LED headlight kit with no fog lights. The last pictures I show the license plate LED.

Attachments

• IMG_0953.jpg
    IMG_0953.jpg
    490.2 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_0954.jpg
    IMG_0954.jpg
    353.8 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_0959.jpg
    IMG_0959.jpg
    249.1 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_0962.jpg
    IMG_0962.jpg
    181.9 KB · Views: 41
I feel like I want to purchase the PIAA yellow Ion halogen bulbs for my fogs. I saw a 9th gen driving with some SICK yellow fogs with what appeared HID headlights. They looked SICK. However now seeing how yellow it looked, i'm thinking perhaps it was overlays.

These are the ones I plan on purchasing. what do you think?
http://amzn.com/B000H3TUE2

I saw a SICK 8th gen civic with LED DRL on the highway today, it was behind me and the lights were perfectly visible. I wanted to ask if they also served as high beams. I saw no flickering.

So one of those two will be my next mod.

Any feedback on any of those lights?

Wow! And I save about $60. Just google searched some images and they look real good. I will research reviews on them. Hope they last at least 2 years.

As good as they look, I guess PIAA is higher cost because of name brand? I will most likely go for these within the next days!

New Mod!

Nokya Hyper Yellow Pro Halogen Headlights Bulb 55w H11.

These bulbs are awesome! Followed the advise and i'm 100% happy with the choice. Honestly the pictures taken from my iPhone do NOT do it justing. It looks way better in person.

Looking forward to using it when it rains and foggy out. This color is bright solid yellow. Here are some pics:
IMG_0032.JPG IMG_0040.JPG IMG_0044.JPG IMG_0045.JPG IMG_0046.JPG IMG_0048.JPG

Back