"Click/Clunk" noise when letting off the brake

Jerod

Minot, North Dakota
Vehicle Model
'13 Civic Si
Got a new "Clunking" sound when releasing the brake. It happens right when I take my foot off the brake there is a click/ almost clunk that sounds like its coming from around the firewall or just inside the engine bay. Its under warranty so I will get it looked at but just want to see if I can do it myself. Any suggestions?

I would have it looked at by the dealership & avoid any issue of them saying you damaged anything.

So If anybody was wondering I got this checked out. It's normal evidently. And gets a lot louder in colder weather. Which is the reason I heard it the other day and it freaked me out. Evidently Honda changed the brake switch, the brake lever rests on the brake light switch so when your foot comes off of the brake you'll hear a light click or clunk (depeding on the weather). Older models activate the brake light after the pedal has already started to be depressed. Hope this makes sense. Essentially, don't be alarmed. In warmer weather it will stop.

yea mine just started happening that clicking noise when i released my brake. Thx for the info jerod.

Back