Clicking Noise from Speakers when Locking/Unlocking Doors

Phaheem

Southern CA
Vehicle Model
'13 Civic Si
Body Style
Sedan
Anyone else hear a clicking sound come through their speakers when they lock or unlock their doors?

It reminds of me of the old days when if you wouldn't properly ground your car stereo install, there would be interference from the other electricals...

You'd think that by 2013, Honda would've figured that out by now.

If you haven't noticed it, go out and try it. With your radio on, hit the lock/unlock button...

If you have the radio off, do you still hear it? You may be hearing the door relay switching?

Usually when the radio is on. I'll try it when the radio is off too. But the noise definitely comes through the speakers.

Just checked mine, no sound of door locks though the speakers. They are loud on their own though.

With some of the "basic" complaints we make about our cars on this forum, I hope Honda assigns at least some of their personnel to monitor these forums to get leads on quality control or potential recall issues. I think these car forums are a great source of information - like a pool of willing and free beta testers

I've been thinking about it but my dealer is a pita. Ill probably wait till something messes up. I have the extended warranty

I don't notice anything except the loud noise of locking and unlocking and that's on or off lol but nothing from the speakers

My 8th gen has it and my 9th gen has it occasionally, sometimes when i roll up or down the windows the click goes through the speaker on both my 8th and 9th

I also JUST noticed this on my new Si.. It could've been there the day I picked up the car, but I rarely have to lock my door using the switch so I never discovered it until now.

I actually just got my car back from the dealer for the same issue. It's more of a popping noise than a clicking noise. It does it when I roll my windows down or unlock my doors.

The dealer kept it overnight and said they talked directly to honda and was on the phone with them for three hours.

They told me that Honda said its not an issue. I told them of course it's an issue, cars don't do this and aren't supposed to do this, there has to be a wiring or power issue. They in turn said Honda has heard of some complaints about this but claim its a normal thing and has no repair for it at this time.

So who knows if it'll be something they fix when they get more complaints about it. I hope so because it's annoying, and slightly embarrassing because I took my mother for a ride in it she was the one who noticed it. It's not good when you're showing off your new car only to find an issue with it after you just drove it off the lot 3 days prior, and your co workers are wondering why you have a rental when you just bought a new car less than a week ago.

Well, at least Honda is receiving complaints about it...so hopefully in due time they'll issue a TSB or even a recall, eventually...

Thanks for sharing your experience though - it provides more validation that something is wrong.

If it's not an issue, then why doesn't it happen in all of the cars?

Just to update, I just brought my car in to the dealership for this issue and again, it was brushed off by Honda as "normal". The mechanic that serviced my car told me he couldn't believe it when he called Honda and was told that it wasn't an issue as it was pretty clear to him. Unfortunately, if Honda is not willing to warrant the parts, he said there's nothing the dealer can do. He, along with my dealership, told me to keep complaining to Honda until they deem this as an issue for the 2013.

Edit: I live in Canada, so this was filed towards Honda Canada... not sure if it's the same with the US (i.e. Honda NA). Also, he added that the person from Honda said that they did receive multiple complaints about it... I guess it's not enough :banana whip2:?

Just to update, I just brought my car in to the dealership for this issue and again, it was brushed off by Honda as "normal". The mechanic that serviced my car told me he couldn't believe it when he called Honda and was told that it wasn't an issue as it was pretty clear to him. Unfortunately, if Honda is not willing to warrant the parts, he said there's nothing the dealer can do. He, along with my dealership, told me to keep complaining to Honda until they deem this as an issue for the 2013.

Edit: I live in Canada, so this was filed towards Honda Canada... not sure if it's the same with the US (i.e. Honda NA). Also, he added that the person from Honda said that they did receive multiple complaints about it... I guess it's not enough :banana whip2:?

Haha, that's exactly how my trip to the dealer went..

I'm sure it'll be a recall soon. I also noticed my headlights sometime dim when I turn the steering wheel which is...weird.

Haha, that's exactly how my trip to the dealer went..

I'm sure it'll be a recall soon. I also noticed my headlights sometime dim when I turn the steering wheel which is...weird.

I have the same problem with my 2013 Civic SI sedan. Clicking/popping from the speakers when I use any of the window switches or lock switch. I have the premium sound with navagation. I am wondering if the issue is isolated to the navagation unit or are some people having the issue with the non-navi premium head unit. Honda states that it is the characteristic of the vehicle.

Back