DIY Clutch Delay valve Removal

I saw your vid on Full-race exhaust, one of the factors that made me go with Full Race. Did you have the cdv deleted when those videos were made? Full Race has it on their website.

No, I didn't manage to do the CDV delete until last year. The exhaust has been on for a few years. Full-Race swiped the videos that were done while on a trip to The Dragon.

The SS line is well... Just a SS line. This is how my SS line runs now, and I have the sedan. It makes no difference. I could remove the old bracket from the OE line, more weight reduction :D

BVJgXlu.jpg

What do you mean @SavageWS6 when you say "it makes no difference"? Can you elaborate.

Sorry, was really tired when I posted it. What I meant was there is no difference between the Coupe and Sedan regarding the SS clutch line length. Seems like its just for verification when ordering on certain websites.

As you can see, I got plenty of length to mess with and such

Here is a DIY done by Elosong on ClubCivicQuebec.com, that i translated for you guys!
For the one who drive their car hard, you must have noticed that when you shift hard the clutch has a tendency to ''slip'' just a bit!! Thats because of the Clutch delay valve in the slave cylinder, its there to prevent transmission component damage due to slowly releasing the pressure in the slave, but make the clutch wear faster!!!

Taking it off will result in a :
-Bit stiffer clutch
-better clutch response
-no more clutch slipping

First of all you need to take off your airbox/cai/sri in to be able to reach the slave cylinder and clutch hose easily!!

Then you need to take off the slave cylinder on the transmission! There is two(2) 12mm bolt and you need a 10mm key for the clutch hose!!

Once the slave is off, the is a ''C'' clip to take off. This thing is a pain in the *** to take off. Most of the time, its stuck in corrosion!

You need some really sharp screwdriver like theses:
**Be carefull with those picks, one of my finger didnt like when the pick went through it!!

To make the ''C'' clip removal a bit easier, take a punch and a hammer and hit on the little cap to unstick iit from the
corrosion

With a set of long nose pliers, take the little cap off!!

Once done, you will have a few parts in hand, the delay valve (little white thing), the filter (the little black thing, which is IN the delay valve by the way)

You throw the white and black thing to the garbage!!

Put back the cap, be careful with the O-ring, and put back the ''C'' clip!!

Re-install on the tranny with the 12mm bolt, reconnect the hose(10mm key)!

Once re-installed you will need to bleed the clutch, 8mm key on the bleeder! You will need a friend to help bleeding it, one to pump the clutch and one to open the bleeder! Repeat until there is no more air, always look for the oïl level in the Clutch master cylinder! If you know how to bleed brakes, you will be fine bleeding a clutch!!

If you dont do this step correctly, it will result in shifting problem, and prematurate clutch wearing!!

After its all done, road test!!!

Its been done since a week on my car, and WOW muuuccchhh MUUUCCCHHHHH better!!

I hope its all clear, if you have any question pm me, ill help the better i can!!!

When you refer to a 10mm key for the clutch hose what exactly is this?

Yup flare, makes it much easier. I bought a "used" 10/12MM Snap-on Flare wrench since I know I'll need in the near future.

Questions about the DIY instructions:

1. Is there a worthwhile benefit to draining all the old DOT 3 fluid and replacing with DOT 4? Or just keep it simple and replace fluid the spills out?
2. If it's worthwhile to completely drain, where/how do you drain all the fluid from the system?
3. Any brand preference on the DOT 4?

Thanks!

Once the CMC is off and you open the fluid reservoir gravity should drain it. You could run new fluid through prior to filing but I dont think the fluid will make much, if any difference. Just add fluid as you bleed and make sure its topped off when youre done

Once the CMC is off and you open the fluid reservoir gravity should drain it. You could run new fluid through prior to filing but I dont think the fluid will make much, if any difference. Just add fluid as you bleed and make sure its topped off when youre done

Thanks, I'll keep it simple :)

I did the CDv delete.. Now I can't get pressure.. I don't see any air bubbles coming out but I'm still not getting any pressure to the pedal. I don't get it.

Back