Clutch/transmission?

mugensi

Hello everyone. Today as I was merging onto the highway I went to shift from 3rd into 4th gear and the gear would not go in. It would just make a slight grinding noise and after several attempts it finally went in. Yes the car was under heavy acceleration but it should not have had this issue. The car was 2900 miles on it and I was completely pushing the clutch in. The vehicle also has a notchy-ness when it comes to going into 2nd gear. Anyone ever experience this issue? It's 2012 honda civic si coupe.

I think I've only seen someone comment about 2nd not engaging at redline.

Hmmm. Has this only happened once, or can you repeat it?

If it's happening somewhat regularly, I would take it into the dealer to see if a service tech would do a ride-along for you to demonstrate the problem.

But redlining 3rd into 4 would be well above any posted speed limit, no?

Sounds like you missed a shift, and while searching you kept missing the right gear, as your speed was dropping. you said you put the clutch to the floor, which is why you missed the gear. When you take the rpms up really high it takes even less time for them to get out of sync while changing gears, hence the least amount of time spent with the clutch pedal down the less likely you miss the sync............. Less clutch.

Thank you so much guys! Monk that is exactly what was wrong! I just hope I didn't do too much damage; car seems fine so I am crossing my fingers :( . And yes it was a little over the limit :P. :vtec:

Back