Coilovers or Bags?

TuPapi!

Mount Vernon, WA
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Sedan
Has anyone on here put air bags on your Civic suspension wise ? I want a nice kit but I want it cheap but reliable. I know there is a D2 kit on pro Civic for $1,800 but I need a little cheaper so I can get them installed because I know nothing about installing air bags. Also anybody know someone or a shop that can do a nice installation in Washington state...... I'm working with $3000 max but I also want to get some wheels so I'm kinda debating if I should get coilovers.

You're probably gonna' need to save a bit more. Airlift is the way to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

4 or 5 people I'd say have bags on their civics here. I believe most have said they paid around 3500-4k to get their setups installed.

Damn just so they can install? I'll rather just do coilovers it's the cheapest way and I can install it my self lol

Last edited:
@derekfriedrice has bags also I think.

If your max budget is $3k, get yourself a nice set of $1000-1500 coil overs. They will work great and still leave you money for install, camber arms, front camber bolts if the coils don't have plates, and a little left over for any odd stuff you might run into. (rolling/pulling fenders to fit wheels if you want to be super low)

D2, K-Sport, and Tein all have decent options around the $1k price point.

Damn just so they can install? I'll rather just do coilovers it's the cheapest way and I can install it my self lol
If you can install coilovers, you can install bags. It's really not that difficult.

Reactions: Nix
Ik I'm just concerned with the electrical work and tucking wires and having the set adjustments for how low you want ur car and all that

Ik I'm just concerned with the electrical work and tucking wires and having the set adjustments for how low you want ur car and all that
It's plug and play aside from tapping into an ignition source. You can run wires and air lines under your door sills. Setting your height is as simple as pushing a button.

@derekfriedrice has bags also I think.

If your max budget is $3k, get yourself a nice set of $1000-1500 coil overs. They will work great and still leave you money for install, camber arms, front camber bolts if the coils don't have plates, and a little left over for any odd stuff you might run into. (rolling/pulling fenders to fit wheels if you want to be super low)

D2, K-Sport, and Tein all have decent options around the $1k price point.
So the buddy club racing spec has plates. How does the plate differ from the bolts?

You could use both, but you'd be running a lot of negative camber at the expense of tires. Most people leave the front at like 0 to -1 in the front. I've seen coils that can gain -3 or so.

A little neg camber in the front helps with handling and tire wear a ton. I think the plates are easier to adjust since you don't have to get wrenches in behind the wheel/strut. Plus for a lot of shops getting the bolts lined up properly with the tabs to get the right amount of camber seems like a challenge. I've been running bolts for a few years. Had one come loose once. Also the bolt tend to scar and round out the strut mounting holes a little.

A little neg camber in the front helps with handling and tire wear a ton. I think the plates are easier to adjust since you don't have to get wrenches in behind the wheel/strut. Plus for a lot of shops getting the bolts lined up properly with the tabs to get the right amount of camber seems like a challenge. I've been running bolts for a few years. Had one come loose once. Also the bolt tend to scar and round out the strut mounting holes a little.

Ahh thanks, looks like I'll be using the plates on the coilover. Thanks for the info guys.

Back