Cold Ram Air Intake Scoop 14-15' Si Coupe

Cold air intakes that draw from down low to the ground are engine suicide in any heavy rain storm... I hydro locked my Mustang 4.6L due to just such a CAI. Threw a rod through the side of the block.

It's great to see someone trying to improve their car outside the norm. You clearly are taking this seriously and aren't some kid throwing some piping together for a makeshift test pipe on his 91 civic dx loll. Glad to see this. I had an idea for a type of hood vent to improve performance on my K&n Sri but I'm not abiut to start cutting up my hood!! Good to see, keep us posted.

As previously stated, water pick up from my idea is a problem Daily Driven with the scoop. Track nights may not be so bad but i have made changes and trying to make a FULL 3.5" carbon fiber intake using the factory air box "lower" half. I'll update as I can but I've been on and off it. Waiting on HR shifter cable bushings, did a coolant bypass (on the TB) and clutch adjustment (allowing me to flat foot shift without bouncing revs and no grinding :thumb:, 8th gen inspired.) I swear I'm not TOO crazy! :hyper::turbospin::screwy::wheee::owneddance:

Reactions: Nix
make any more progress Darkout? ive been thinkin up ways to do the same thing youre doing on my 2012 since i already have a hps intake tube and k&n drop in

Honestly wish I have but my idea went from a front scoop to brake cooling scoops on both sides, I know i personally get those things really hot. I've been thinking of ways to modify the plastic cowling(using a spare, I never plan to damage original parts) to make a colder air feed from there to help incorporate with the lower scoop to help mitigate potential hydro lock. My theory being if you have 2 openings for air to enter from and one per say gets water in it then the air has a different path to travel which is also an easier path since sucking water takes more vacuum to accomplish. I still feel a low front scoop is more track day and shouldn't be used DD so that's where the cowling feed comes into play. My thoughts on the scoop aren't for PURE hp gains (that may still happen) but for a more consistent running motor before heat soak takes over.

I've got crazy ideas for a carbon fiber intake manifold even that may never happen but all this will be slow progress as I don't have much free money to spend on it and I have a bad habit of changing things half way through. I'm also going to school for mechanical/electrical engineering so time to fiddle isn't always around.

What i have made recently is another new weighted shift handle that has the original shifter incorperated. Still getting used to it but feels great

Back