comp clutch stage 2.

Rican_Si

Tampa,FL
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Coupe
Hi everyone, so it's about that time where I have to make way for a new clutch. I'm really considering putting a Competition Clutch stage 2 in my '12 Si, I was wondering if anybody has done the same. Just trying to get some feedback about it wether pos/neg, before I spend the mula. Thnx!

i have an exedy stage 2 w/lighten flywheel. idk if its the same, but my experience with it is, more feed back, little more chatter, grabs harder, and the friction point is lower. stage 2 is more for ppl that are forced induction. The stock clutch can hold up to 300hp.

i have an exedy stage 2 w/lighten flywheel. idk if its the same, but my experience with it is, more feed back, little more chatter, grabs harder, and the friction point is lower. stage 2 is more for ppl that are FI. The stock clutch can hold up to 300hp.
I do want it to bite more, I'm an aggressive driver,plenty of room here in Florida to drive that way

No mods yet, will mod soon though.

Are you planning on forced induction? If not, an upgraded clutch is unnecessary.

Also, not sure why you think it needs more bite. I am fully bolted and at 230 to the wheels and I have no problems with the stock clutch.

I seem to remember reading that our stock clutches can handle up to 300 whp.

Also if I understand correctly high performance clutches don't last longer than stock. They can just handle a higher hp level before failing. In fact, high performance clutches can actually fail faster than oem due to higher heat buildup and stronger clamping forces. As well as a puck design which essentially lowers the surface area for heat transfer, causing those pucks to get hotter than a standard clutch.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong. Just food for thought. If your within the hp capabilities of the stock clutch it will most likely be the most durable.

Also your not going to get more of a bite. Fully clamped is fully clamped. You will probably get a stiffer pedal because of a stronger pressure plate and a more grabby clutch.

Back