connecting bluetooth phones

scott

New York
Vehicle Model
EX
Body Style
coupe
I conencted two iphones and it seems it auto-imported the phone books for both ...since one of the phones is my 14 year olds' I now have all her friends numbers in my cars phone book.

How can I pair both phones and only import my phone book?

Unless there is a way to just delete her phone book only ....

I think you have to create profiles in order to have separate phone books. I'm not 100% sure on it but it's what my hubby and I did and we each have our own phonebooks

Does it explain how to do that in the civic manual? I don't have one currently handy to look

I'd be willing to bet the manual covers it but my manuals are in the car and I don't feel like going out in the heat to get it lol

do the iphones have the same name? i.e., do they both show up as "iPhone" in the iMid? if so i think that might be your problem. if i remember correctly, it's supposed to store only the contacts for your phone, but if both phones have the same name, it might put the two lists together? if that's the case, try going into itunes and changing the name for your phone to scott's iPhone, or something like that, and see if that works.

the only other thing i can think of, is if both phones are paired to the same computer, you might have both your contacts and hers in your phone. that's what happened with me and my wife. since it's stored as separate contact lists, i usually access just my list on the phone itself, but once i pair it with anything that auto uploads, it shows all contacts, not just mines.

Both our phones have separate names .... the phone books somehow got combined because the other day I got a call from my mother and the cars caller ID (which is really the phone books entry name) came up "grandma" which is what is listed in my daughters phone book.... mine is listed as "MOM". so that is how I noticed there was a problem. Just another note: when this happened, only my phone was connected.

I guess I will search my manual again, but don't remember seeing anything about managing phone books.

When a phone is paired, the contents of its phonebook and call history are automatically imported to HFL.

7-12-2012 12-17-34 PM.png
7-12-2012 12-38-18 PM.png

ok ... all great information on how to delete a phone and clear the system ... so how do I prevent the two phones from comingling their phone books when I re-connect/pair them again?

I really think it's gonna come down to making sure the phones have diff names (which you said they do), deleting the phones, and repairing them to separate "driver profiles"

ok ... all great information on how to delete a phone and clear the system ... so how do I prevent the two phones from comingling their phone books when I re-connect/pair them again?
The Owner's Manual and Technology Reference Guide mention nothing on how to accomplish this.

Recently decided to add my phone to the hands-free system in my 2012 EX Coupe. Seemed like it went OK and I was able to send and receive some calls. I have two questions: The phone book in my cellphone transfers to the car. If I take the cellphone into the house and add some more numbers and then put it back in the car I hit the phone button on the car and it asks me if I want to add a phone. I click yes and it adds my existing phone. Wondering if it upgrades the new addresses in the cellphone to the car phonebook directory?

Secomd question: It mentions "voice tags" in the speed dial system. What are "voice tags"?

I answered one of my questions. If you add new contacts to your cellphone they will automatically show up in the car's phonebook directory when you add the cellphone again. Still ned to find out about "voice tags"

4. When the speed dial is successfully stored, you are asked to create a voice tag for the number.

menu.png

Back