Contemporary Education?

WhiteWillie

NW Houston, TX
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Coupe
For parents of young school age children, I have a question I'm hoping you can answer.

I have taken three little girls from a broken home and that I met through my church, under my wing. I have known these kids for almost four years. The oldest girl just turned twelve.

Tomorrow, the oldest girl begins a summer school session in math that is to prepared her to take advanced math courses next semester. She is already taking advanced classes in all her other subjects. Here's my question/s. Are these advanced classes really "advanced" or has education been dumbed down to the extent that any industrious kid can easily master the normal classes and the "advanced" classes teach what all students were expose to in years past? In other words, has education been dumbed down so that the least industrious student cannot help but pass if they can put fog on a mirror and show up at school?

I can't say for certain but "social advancement" seems to be the requirement for advancing grade levels nowadays. Hopefully the advanced classes will offer a chance to really learn and be properly educated. If students are unable to pass a grade they are passed on anyway so they keep up with their peers through the years and it also helps a school prove high passing rates and therefore "success" despite not doing a decent job of educating anyone.

Back