Convince me to not buy racelands

Ernesto Montano

Miami, Fl
Vehicle Model
Si
Body Style
Sedan
What's up guys I'm looking to buy coils and I'm really considering Raceland coils. How bad can they really be?

I feel like people just hate on them without really knowing, but then again, I don't know jack about them either

Im not planning on going that low MAYBE two inches max

Anyone have anything to say about em? Gimme a reason to not buy them or maybe why I should.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

IMG_2391.jpg

IMG_2386.jpg

6ccab5ab-f272-7db9.jpg

108033d1392903269-raceland-coilovers-rear-sagging-1392903268778.jpg

I could keep going. They are junk. Endless people have broken just about every part of their stuff... think of it happening and losing control of your car. Don't cheap out on suspension, because you're putting yourself and others in danger.

Don't do it. They are not worth the low price. You will have problems and your car is worth more than race lands. At the very least the Megan EZ streets have been used by more than one person on here and they are the cheapest full coil over option I would feel comfortable recommending. I have seen numerous threads on other forums of race lands having horrible failures.

At the very least you would be better off with just a drop spring and going to a decent coil over or aftermarket strut later.

Please don't buy race lands. I do not want you to crash and be hurt just to save a dollar. I think they are horribly unsafe and are prone to breaking.

And Webby beat me to the pics. Broken parts. Don't do it man.

Alright alright, im convinced. I knew deep down they were crap but I needed some proof ya know? Its just that many times forum people hate the fact that there ARE cheap good parts, but you guys have proved to me that these are indeed garbage.

How about these godspeeds?

https://www.kseriesparts.com/cr/GSP-MRS1450.html?gclid=CO_opKrDh88CFY5bhgodAN0PKw

I've heard pretty good things about these but they are on the cheaper side, (still double the price of racelands) but let me know what you guys think.

I'd steer you towards the Megans. They aren't my favorite but for the price and the positive reviews from members here, I would recommend them over the Godspeeds. Plus, if you order from @PRO Civic you know you'll be well taken care of if you have questions or issues.

I know it's "just an LX" but you should still put good parts on it. It's a nice little car and it can handle very well. The coils paired with a larger rear sway, I think you'll be very surprised at how much better the car can drive. I generally try and push people on the larger rear sway bar first but coils aren't a bad way to go for some improved visuals. Wheel gap, ugh! The worst! hahaha

Thanks @Nix but my bad I forgot to update my profile I recently got a '13 Si sedan. I think I will be going for the Megan's that are 800. Idk why I thought they were 1k

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Reactions: Nix
Back