Coolant temp gauge recommendations?

Discussion in 'Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat' started by fg3_colton, Apr 5, 2018.

1. fg3_colton

fg3_colton Well-Known Member

Vehicle Model:
    Civic, LX
    Body Style:
    Coupe
    Basically as the title asks, looking for any recommendations on a coolant temp gauge, Doesnt need to be anything fancy. Thanks in advance!

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk

2. webby
    • Staff
    • 2017 Toys For Tots

webby Administrator

3. dpetro1

dpetro1 Well-Known Member

Yep, there are lots of obd2 bluetooth adapters you can use to display on your phone.

There is less need for independent gauges now that the ecu/obd port can give you the info straight for the engine sensors.

If you are looking for something more permanent, you could do a standard electric gauge from autometer, I would stick with a full sweep electric. Of course you will need to tap into the coolant system somewhere.

I personally use the plx dm100 multigauge which is hard wired to the obd port but has a standard 52mm gauge face. It can display up to 4 sensors at once. I am currently using boost, ect, ait.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

fg3_colton, PainlessCandy and webby like this.
  4. fg3_colton

fg3_colton Well-Known Member

Vehicle Model:
    Civic, LX
    Body Style:
    Coupe
    That's exactly what I want to do, I currently use Torque. But I'd really like to have something permanent. Will definitely look into them, thanks for the suggestion!

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk