Corsport shift boot

Michael Perez

Miami, FL
Vehicle Model
2012 Civic Si
Body Style
Sedan
I have issues with my stock boot anyone know how this one installs? And if they're custom aluminum ring is needed? Thanks

I have issues with my stock boot anyone know how this one installs? And if they're custom aluminum ring is needed? Thanks

What kind of issues? The knob itself is kept in place by a metal retaining ring that has a lip on it. The boot itself clips onto the retaining ring via the plastic clip at the top.

k1.sized.jpg

The ridged black piece is the retaining ring. The plastic clip is what you see above the boot, but below the retaining ring.

c3.sized.jpeg

Full view of retaining ring with the boot pulled down and a better view of the plastic clip within the boot.

One clip on the shift boot retainer is broken so it falls. The dealer called it wear and tear. My car only has 6k miles

One clip on the shift boot retainer is broken so it falls. The dealer called it wear and tear. My car only has 6k miles

I would go to another dealer or call Honda Corporate. It might be wear and tear, but it should not wear out that fast.

What kind of issues? The knob itself is kept in place by a metal retaining ring that has a lip on it. The boot itself clips onto the retaining ring via the plastic clip at the top.

k1.sized.jpg

The ridged black piece is the retaining ring. The plastic clip is what you see above the boot, but below the retaining ring.

c3.sized.jpeg

Full view of retaining ring with the boot pulled down and a better view of the plastic clip within the boot.
and a pic of the retainer ring(s) out of the assembly:
009.jpg

But I would prolly take the opportunity to upgrade your boot. Even if you use the oem boot, you could ditch your retainer nut and buy one of these for an '04 to '08 Acura. What's important is the threading size and pitch and the size of the snout on your shift boot. The 2012-'13 civics use a 10x1.5MM retainer ring:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/25050300734...iewitem=&sspagename=ADME:L:OC:US:3160&vxp=mtr

You should be able to secure this sort of ring in the top of the boot with a small zip tie in the groove. I no longer have my oem boot, so I used an 8th gen. Because the snout is narrower, the ring sits entirely above the boot, with a rubber grommet strtched over the shifter (inside can't see it). This is the result:

Red Short Boot1.jpg

Last edited:
I was the one that encountered problems at the dealer. One of my clips broke. But I think I have an idea with a zip tie from the inside

Back