Corvette C8 Mid-Engine Info Leaked - Claims 850hp Twin Turbo

webby

Administrator
Admin
Toys For Tots
Corvette C8 To Offer 850HP From Twin-Turbo V8, Leaked Doc Claims

FA1KcFZ.jpg

PTpgDRs.jpg

According to a leaked document, a Corvette Forum user says the new Corvette C8 will come with three V8 engine options. Two new engines are described as a 4.2 liter and a 5.5 liter v8.

The new engines will be built at the Tonawanda plant and according to IHS Markit, the existing 6.2-liter V8 will be the main choice for the C8 with an average of 14,000 engines per year, from 2019 to 2021. The smaller 4.2-liter follows on their list with a projected production run of more than 7,000 engines per year, with the 5.5-liter having the smallest production numbers, at around 5,000 units per year.

Both the 4.2-liter and the 5.5-liter V8s are expected to be twin-turbocharged, with the leaked document also mentioning a “Cadillac Sports Car” which is going to use the smaller of the two engines. As for the actual power figures, the 5.5-liter V8 is expected to produce as much as 850hp and 720lb-ft of torque.

Great. Just what we need - another overpowered, impractical sports car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Staff
Great. Just what we need - another overpowered, impractical sports car.

:think: not sure if you're serious, or you're trying to be sarcastic?

Personally, I see no practical reason for any street-legal road vehicle to have more than about 400HP. Anything more is just an ego boosting contest.

Spy photographers have delivered the highest-quality pictures yet of the future mid-engine Chevrolet Corvette, this time as it was undergoing winter testing in the Arctic.

WTRMyJA.jpg

CfH1H8z.jpg

Snow tires are an amazing thing

Summers would turn into hockey pucks when temps get below 40f or so.

Couldn't bring myself to driving my $100k plus vette in the snow.

I want a boosted vette so bad.

Couldn't bring myself to driving my $100k plus vette in the snow.

I want a boosted vette so bad.
New Z06 did a mean highway pass on me... Only had the sunroof open and it sounded like the sky was falling. My k24 felt... inadequate.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

Back