Cost of adding OEM navi to Si w/o navi

vrsantana

Newbie here about to buy a Civic Si 2012 w/o navi but trying to see about negotiating the dealing installing it as a throw in while negotiating. I really want this option. I just need to know how much it normally costs to have this done normally so that I may gauge if I'm in fact getting a decent deal or just getting screwed.

Thanks for any info

I remember comparing the navi and non-navi models when buying my Si, and the difference was almost $2000

Newbie here about to buy a Civic Si 2012 w/o navi but trying to see about negotiating the dealing installing it as a throw in while negotiating. I really want this option. I just need to know how much it normally costs to have this done normally so that I may gauge if I'm in fact getting a decent deal or just getting screwed.

Thanks for any info

Check this page out for all the parts needed and what retail is on those parts. Be prepared to :bricks:

http://www.collegehillshondaparts.c...ust-heater-fuel/navigation-system-gps-antenna

Thank you! From what I can tell, it looks to be about a $1500-$2000 option when building a new one on the Honda site. So if I can get that thrown in maybe in exchange for the, not wanting to budge on my trade or something, I may try that. At the risk of being way off topic ill just mention that its a 2012 coupe with 6k miles and they're asking $19900. I thought that was reasonable.

23,3XX msrp with destination on a base coupe
24,8XX msrp with destination on a coupe w/nav
~$15XX difference

Problem being, they aren't going to be able to buy the parts needed to swap it over to a nav model anywhere near that price. The MSRP replacement nav unit msrp price is almost $3500 without the necessary wiring/parts, let alone the labor costs. I had a nav unit replaced, and the bill would have been astronomical if I hadn't been under warranty.

23,3XX msrp with destination on a base coupe
24,8XX msrp with destination on a coupe w/nav
~$15XX difference

Problem being, they aren't going to be able to buy the parts needed to swap it over to a nav model anywhere near that price. The MSRP replacement nav unit msrp price is almost $3500 without the necessary wiring/parts, let alone the labor costs. I had a nav unit replaced, and the bill would have been astronomical if I hadn't been under warranty.

That's why I didn't buy a car w/ Nav. Lol.

I'm thinking of selling my 12 si coupe w/o nav(5200 miles) and buying a 13 coupe Dyno blue coupe with nav. I can trade in and get same monthly payment but I lose 5000 plus tint,I'd put audio back to stock. I'm sick of waiting for alpine to release the perfect fit for honda so it may happen sooner than later.

I'm thinking of selling my 12 si coupe w/o nav(5200 miles) and buying a 13 coupe Dyno blue coupe with nav. I can trade in and get same monthly payment but I lose 5000 plus tint,I'd put audio back to stock. I'm sick of waiting for alpine to release the perfect fit for honda so it may happen sooner than later.
Do you have an after market HU? What do you currently have and how happy have you been with it?

No factory HU, not overwhelmed, won't put aftermarket in I don't want to lose the factory stuff, perfect fit is going to be 100 percent compatible but not sure when it will be out.

I want a aftermarket but I'm just getting more and more pissed off with the companies dragging there feet bringing out something that is compatible with our factory features.i have what is available now in my 04 and I think it basically sucks,plugging in my iPhone in the front,the shitty Bluetooth and the mic is simply crap.i don't want that same crap in my si. I just simply regret not getting nav. I laid out all the monies with a trade and its just not going to happen now.I will keep itfor another year and when the 2014 model comes out ill do it then. I'm going to pay an additional 500 a month for the next 12-14 months and will have a lot of positive equity( I shield owe less than 4 k then,sell it outright and get what I really should have got.this is really pissing me off,but I got to quit letting it get to me,I am just sick of the aftermarket companies now in regards to the model and gen.sorry for the vent but it is what it is

I want a aftermarket but I'm just getting more and more pissed off with the companies dragging there feet bringing out something that is compatible with our factory features.i have what is available now in my 04 and I think it basically sucks,plugging in my iPhone in the front,the shitty Bluetooth and the mic is simply crap.i don't want that same crap in my si. I just simply regret not getting nav. I laid out all the monies with a trade and its just not going to happen now.I will keep itfor another year and when the 2014 model comes out ill do it then. I'm going to pay an additional 500 a month for the next 12-14 months and will have a lot of positive equity( I shield owe less than 4 k then,sell it outright and get what I really should have got.this is really pissing me off,but I got to quit letting it get to me,I am just sick of the aftermarket companies now in regards to the model and gen.sorry for the vent but it is what it is
I hear that. This is why I bought factory navigation. Sure, third-party companies can provide features that the OEM nav doesn't, but having it all pre-installed and warrantied straight from the factory is invaluable.

And correct me if I'm wrong, but to my knowledge there are no third-party vendors selling navigation units that can communicate with the wheel-speed sensors that are installed by Honda. Those wheel sensors provide Speed-sensitive Volume Control that raise or lower the volume automatically depending upon your speed at the time. Also, the sensors combine with the GPS sensor to give you a very accurate location on your nav at all times.

Last edited:
I am looking into video out options from my Samsung Galaxy Nexus into my Pioneer Head Unit with 7" screen. I think Google Maps is hands down better than any other navigation system/software out there. Looks like it can be done with a few cables/converters for about $50. If this works, I will be a very happy person.

I hear that. This is why I bought factory navigation. Sure, third-party companies can provide features that the OEM nav doesn't, but having it all pre-installed and warrantied straight from the factory is invaluable.

And correct me if I'm wrong, but to my knowledge there are no third-party vendors selling navigation units that can communicate with the wheel-speed sensors that are installed by Honda. Those wheel sensors provide Speed-sensitive Volume Control that raise or lower the volume automatically depending upon your speed at the time. Also, the sensors combine with the GPS sensor to give you a very accurate location on your nav at all times.

My TomTom XXL540 WTE does all this and much more - cost $150 on sale in late 2010. Today they are about $230 with lifetime free map updates and live traffic. The North American Map only version is $119 today on Amazon. Hard to beat and it can be used anywhere.

I have to say I finally got my system done and I'm real happy with it.it consists 4 polk Dxi 650 speakers,2 polk 10 inch subs in a sound ordinance sealed box,polk tweeters.amp running the speakers is a polk audio pa660 4 channel and a alpine mfp-500 mono amp running the subs with a audio control lcq-1.after figuring out a way to stop the noise at start and turn off I have to say it sounds great and hits pretty hard,so I'm good for now with the premium sound head and a garmin GPS.Someday when the perfect fit is out and bugs worked out,I may buy it but now there is no way.I just need to sell my bazooka tube to try to recoupe some cash.the bazooka was great if your looking for quality bass,but I wanted bass that pounded in the seat, and I got it(LOL). I will
probably be deaf soon.

The avic flagship line, z140bh and z150 both accept a vehicle speed pulse signal in their harnesses

Back