Credit Agency Equifax Hacked - 143 Million US Residents

who stole my data ? I am not following the rules and neither are they. Did you notice FTC don't have the money to pay so its most likely I big waste of time to file a claim. Why should I be forced to have a credit monitoring service? It only tells you someone is trying to place charges on your credit. You don't need it at all. Just check your credit card's from time to time. I don't have good credit anyway. Isn't up to the person who is issuing the credit to check if the person is real or not? They are trying to blame the victim here. Too bad if I don't correctly fill out their stupid form. By checking my credit myself I am monitoring all the time. And I caught three Frauds on my cards, they cancel my card and I got another one. :popcorn: It would also seem few people are falling for this credit monitoring as its worthless for most people and most people know it is, that's why the FTC is already saying it can't pay. Well why is that? The FTC should have gotten billions not 700 million-seems like the gov again is just stealing the money. I think I will add to my claim as I do have doc to back it up-Bank records of when my credit card info was stolen-it was about $100, but if I didn't see it was only the start. So I actually have credit monitoring-Me! Read it say credit monitoring, not that you have to pay someone to do it. That's now I read it. Now I don't really care to much about what FTC do as its basically worthless. I did catch a robo caller today with a real phone number, I am on the do not call list-that could be $500 for me-who knows I like to try-one person in Maine has gotten thousands of dollars who these scammers. option 2 say do I have credit monitoring -yes I do Me.

Last edited:
it's in bold on the form:

"You do not need any documents to file Section 1 claims, but you do need to verify the name of the credit monitoring service you already have if you request a cash payment."

screenshot
===
claim.png

well this is just a waste of time, if you pay for credit monitoring then if you ever get a penny of the $125, you would lose money. This settlement is a joke, obviously lose money to apply for cash they say isn't there. the gov is stealing all the money. It cost like nothing for them to do credit monitoring what another scam. I am going to call them and see what they have to say about this.
Good reason not to pay your taxes. Crooks.:pat:

because countless people already have free monitoring from the countless other data breaches from insurance companies, retail stores, and on and on. If you have one of those already in place, you'd get the money.

but I don't have credit monitoring. I guess, I have to figure out how to get it free. My credit is bad so I don't really care about credit monitoring, now I may have a reason to get it only if its free.:shadyhat:

4.5 million people visited the website supposedly to fill out info. 31 million dollars in the fund divided by $125 = 248,000 people. The likelihood of any payout is prob next to none unless they raise the fund or you sue due to an actual financial loss/identity theft issue (where you can prove financial loss in court).

Credit karma is the only “free” monitoring I know of, and they likely won’t accept that as a legit monitoring service.
https://www.creditkarma.com/

well that's interesting, I will sigh up for free and use that, but isn't there some other hack that would give me free credit monitoring?
Have to search that out too?:confuzzled: this is a interesting puzzle!

Back