Ct-e supercharger wait

it's all pretty easy, the directions ct provides are pretty good. Getting the belt tension set right is a pain, had a bunch of issues with that till I had a 2nd person around. I took my time and still had it done over the weekend, even with being a single parent(constant distractions)
Wow that's very encouraging!

I guess your not comfortable doing it yourself?. They supply pretty detailed instructions from what I hear.
The install for blower is easy man don't worry about that. The real question is do you want to spend the 4k+ for a blower or save it for a downpayment on the turbo Si or other car. Cause it will suck parting out the car at that point with the blower and all supporting mod. Might aswell just keep the car at that point.

Verry good points, really I am waiting to see if a Type R will be delivered, or turbo SI and then I will make up my mind. I want to trade my car in, but every time I drive it I just love the drivability of it and I change my mind

Kev, I know you are hell bent on an STI. I loved mine, BUT the cars are not the same quality as the SI. Hondas are built awesome inside and out. Subys focus on the engine and everything else is sub par. Rattles... Oh the rattles! Both new cars 2011 WRX limited and a 2012 STI. Those A pillar rattles... The struggle is real my friend! Plus, you will pay a ton more for a car that has less HP. The turbo lag was pretty bad under 3K rpm. Those cars are modded just like SIs are with a COBB access port. I purchased one, but was afraid to install, because my car was north of $31K financed! I am a little more comfortable playing with a car that I only owe $10K on now :)

If you can install an intake manifold and a brake job, you can install this charger. I went from completely stock to supercharged and all supporting mods including aftercooler, heat exchanger, fuel pump, injectors, downpipe, spark plugs, rear motor mount, prl cai with relocated battery and ss clutch line in about 24 hours over a span of 3 days all by myself. Wifey helped when time came for belt tension. Lol

Attachments

• 20150515_170735-1.jpg
    20150515_170735-1.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 33
Reactions: Nix
Oh, and I bought mine used locally. Saw the ad went and bought it. Ordered supporting mods and 2 weeks later installed it.

If you can install an intake manifold and a brake job, you can install this charger. I went from completely stock to supercharged and all supporting mods including aftercooler, heat exchanger, fuel pump, injectors, downpipe, spark plugs, rear motor mount, prl cai with relocated battery and ss clutch line in about 24 hours over a span of 3 days all by myself. Wifey helped when time came for belt tension. Lol
Agreed, I actually think the intake manifold was a harder install due to clearance. The only part I needed help with was the belt tension too.

What were the final wait times for your kits to be delivered? I ordered on 10/31 and was told 1/18 for shipment. CT-e is waiting on manifolds to be delivered, then they have to machine them...

Also, it doesn't look like the 9th gen kits come with plugs? Can anyone confirm?

What were the final wait times for your kits to be delivered? I ordered on 10/31 and was told 1/18 for shipment. CT-e is waiting on manifolds to be delivered, then they have to machine them...

Also, it doesn't look like the 9th gen kits come with plugs? Can anyone confirm?
the 9th gen kit does not come with plugs. you have to source them yourself.

Last update they provided vit was on 1/12 that they received manifolds and should be shipping around 1/18. Nothing since then.

Member civi9 just received his order yesterday and he ordered like 3 weeks after me.

Going to reach out to them directly and see if I can nail down an eta.

Yes sir! Got my kit in on Monday. Mine shipped first because I upgraded injectors, and those shipped separately. They should be here tomorrow.

I'm not actually going to be installing the kit for another couple weeks though, at least. Maybe a month. I want to have PLENTY of time to finish the install and connect with Vit for a basemap.

@dpetro1 thats great news! When is the install? What stage did you go with? I don't understand why they don't send the CF fuel rail cover, I have heard multiple people saying the same thing, I would be mad paying all that money with a missing part.

Back