Custom Lightz: 9th Generation Honda Civic Retrofit

the mini h1's are probably the best bang for the buck. The tsx's are very nice as well, but not as cheap as the mini h1. FX35's, & TSX's, offer a lot of coverage for the cost.

If you want to do a quad, theres no reason to not go with Quad mini's. Theyre the cheapest and bixenon

plus the output is supposed to be amazing for the money

h1 minis run around $120/pair. Your cost will go up pretty significantly if you're going to run 4 projectors. You'll need 4 ballasts, 4 bulbs, 4 projectors, 4 shrouds, plus the added expense in labor, etc...

You really don't need to do a quad setup, as these are bixenon projectors. So 1 pair will cover your high and low beams. Probably save yourself $4-500+ by only going with a single setup.

JDM

Do you want QUADs for the looks or for function? The most affordable option will be four Mini projectors. There is a thread about the Quad setup, where we used four Mini's for the 9th Civic: http://9thcivic.com/forum/threads/first-quad-projector-retrofit.2456/

A setup like that is about $1100 USD, and covers the parts and labor. If you want to do everything yourself, you are looking to spend about $650 on the parts.

Hope this helps

I was looking to do QUADs for function I don't want the Bi-Xenons though, unless if I am required to. So $1100 USD with parts and labor? $650 on the parts only in USD but in CDND most likely will cost way more.

is there a reason you don't want bixenons? You could go with s2000 low beam projectors if you don't want high beams

is there a reason you don't want bixenons? You could go with s2000 low beam projectors if you don't want high beams
Well in your own oppinion which would you recommend me? Pair of Bi-Xenons, or Quads, or S2000 low beam projectors?

I couldn't live without having high beams myself. Some people have just s2000 low beams, and never use highs. I couldn't go that route personally as I drive outside of the city/country roads etc.

S2000's are probably the best projectors out there - but they do not offer high beams. They run around 300-380/pair usually.
mini h1's are probably the best bang for the buck bixenon projectors. You will have high beams with just 1 pair. Like 120/pair
tsx/fx35 projectors are probably a close 2nd for bang for the buck bixenon projectors. Like 160-190/pair
Quads - personal preference. Some do it purely for the look of the headlights. You will gain some added light on the road as well, but not dramatic. Price on the quads will obviously depend on what projectors you use. Cheapest option would be quad minis, but you could put quad s2000's in if you felt like going crazy. Sky is the limit on cost.

I'd go bixenon myself.

oh and cost - the canadian/us dollar conversion is almost identical right now. The only added expense you'll have is getting the lights through customs/fees.

I couldn't live without having high beams myself. Some people have just s2000 low beams, and never use highs. I couldn't go that route personally as I drive outside of the city/country roads etc.

S2000's are probably the best projectors out there - but they do not offer high beams. They run around 300-380/pair usually.
mini h1's are probably the best bang for the buck bixenon projectors. You will have high beams with just 1 pair. Like 120/pair
tsx/fx35 projectors are probably a close 2nd for bang for the buck bixenon projectors. Like 160-190/pair
Quads - personal preference. Some do it purely for the look of the headlights. You will gain some added light on the road as well, but not dramatic. Price on the quads will obviously depend on what projectors you use. Cheapest option would be quad minis, but you could put quad s2000's in if you felt like going crazy. Sky is the limit on cost.

I'd go bixenon myself.

Hmm that's a lot of help, thanks. Do you guys ship to Canada by any chance though? I'm probaly just going to get bixenon pairs since I have low beam and high beam.

oh and cost - the canadian/us dollar conversion is almost identical right now. The only added expense you'll have is getting the lights through customs/fees.

Ohh okay. Hmm I'm more interested in the Mini H1 Bi-Xenons now lol. How much are they running for after tax for a pair?

shoot him a message / phone/email
Bjorn [516.241.9112]
Bjorn@customlightz.com

I don't think he has many prices listed on his site. Most of the people tell him what they want, and he puts pricing or whatever together for the full retrofit.

By definition, a Quad setup is a retrofit that uses four HID projectors. You can have four projectors retrofitted, but still have a Dual setup, if say one set of projectors are not HIDs.

So for a quad setup, you need four HID projectors that are on at all times. They can be all single xenon, or bixenon i.e. mini setup we just did, or a combination of single xenons and bixenons.

There are many options, and it really comes down to what you are looking for and budget.

The cheapest option would be four mini projectors like we just did and something like that will be just below/around $1100.

4 mini projectors isn't just an aesthetic upgrade, but an increase in light output by 100%.

If you want the best performing setup, then go with a set of mini bixenons and a set of s2000 projectors. You are now looking at about $1500 for a complete setup.

Hope this helps

When I got mine done, I was originally thinking the tsx projectors but after talking to Bjorn I ended up going with the rx330s. Definitely worth it. It is so awesome to drive with. Im glad that I still have my highbeams since I do end up driving through some country-*** back roads at night. The width of the light field is different. The mini projectors are an awesome price but I thought that the minis didn't have the intensity that the others do? This is what I had done.....
p1000696p.jpg

Back