Custom Lightz: 9th Generation Honda Civic Retrofit

By definition, a Quad setup is a retrofit that uses four HID projectors. You can have four projectors retrofitted, but still have a Dual setup, if say one set of projectors are not HIDs.

So for a quad setup, you need four HID projectors that are on at all times. They can be all single xenon, or bixenon i.e. mini setup we just did, or a combination of single xenons and bixenons.

There are many options, and it really comes down to what you are looking for and budget.

The cheapest option would be four mini projectors like we just did and something like that will be just below/around $1100.

4 mini projectors isn't just an aesthetic upgrade, but an increase in light output by 100%.

If you want the best performing setup, then go with a set of mini bixenons and a set of s2000 projectors. You are now looking at about $1500 for a complete setup.

Hope this helps

Yes, that helped a lot. I had to do some more research on retro fits and xenon/bi-xenon projectors for a good couple weeks so I can learn and understand more about them. I think I'm just going to settle for a pair of Bi-Xenon projectors. I've been hearing good reviews on the FX-R Bi-Xenons and seen good reviews by you guys on the Mini H1 Bi-Xenon projectors. Now I need help. I'm sending my headlights off to a friend of my mine who works at Carbox Industries, and he said he is willing to do the retro fit but needs to know what set up I'd like to get first. Let me know what you'd prefer FX-R or Mini H1. Anymore info in addition with the answers, I'd like to thank you in advance!

One of my friends is looking at doing a retro himself on his Sentra. We did alot of looking comparing the FX-R and H1 and from what I have seen I think the Mini H1's have better looking cutoff and light output. The best pics I saw were actually on an F-150 forum. I'll try and find them again if I can.

One of my friends is looking at doing a retro himself on his Sentra. We did alot of looking comparing the FX-R and H1 and from what I have seen I think the Mini H1's have better looking cutoff and light output. The best pics I saw were actually on an F-150 forum. I'll try and find them again if I can.
Oh sweet! Please do lol, I'm also still debating on which to get..FX-R or H1..hard to pick at the moment since I heard great reviews on both.

Jeez I totally forgot about this thread... anyway pics from the side of FX-R vs. Mini H1.

I spoke with TRS and they said that the FX-R is brighter; the H1 is about 90% as bright.

This image from the side shows how the beam patterns on the wall are projected from each to give some comparison.

you can see that the FXR slings light just barely wider than the mini h1, and you can see the mini h1 has a more intense foreground

FX-R on top
Mini h1 on bottom

100_0618.jpg

I am interested in this exact setup...how much would this be to have done? Also, does blacking out the areas around the projector/tinting the amber corner/painting shrouds gunmetal cost extra? Can't wait to hear back, thanks.

customlightz still a good place to go to for retrofits? I have not seen them post up anything new for a year on youtube or here.

They still do some, but aren't as active in the scene. The owner has a new job/business.

The owner was working on his PHD, graduated, got married, moved across the country... etc

The owner was working on his PHD, graduated, got married, moved across the country... etc

I knew he was doing other stuff but damn could have ppl know. I know over 10 8thgens that were waiting for there stuff and it never happens.

But side note is I'm happy for bjon. Getting married graduating with a PHD IS AMAZING! :clapping:

He usually answers texts pretty quick....as long as he's not in the lab. I've had to ask him stuff a few months back. His cell is listed on the site. As for him doing retros, I know he said he was still doing some on the side, but nowhere near what he was doing in the past.

He usually answers texts pretty quick....as long as he's not in the lab. I've had to ask him stuff a few months back. His cell is listed on the site. As for him doing retros, I know he said he was still doing some on the side, but nowhere near what he was doing in the past.

I ask him a question about my ballast and that was almost a year ago. Haven't heard back from since. But it's ok ill just keep calling leaving message seeing if he will respond lol

yeah i shot him a pm no response. but im not concerned if he has a lot of life stuff going on. i understand that. im kinda looking at having a retro done

Back