Dar-Dar's 1995 Avus Blue E36 M3 Project Car

Holy Chinese food batman. I hope your feet didnt catch herpes from those pedals.
I'm wondering what one of the previous owners was thinking after the pedals were installed.

I really dig your work man. Come to San Diego and restore my hatch for me lol.
I was at San Diego last August. :D

Nice burnout vid!

IT LIVES!
Thanks. The car has some sort of aftermarket cat back but I'm not sure what brand it is (definitely not Supersprint). It's not loud and doesn't drone. I like the sound of it. But the problem is that the exhaust tip diameters are rather small. It probably is this: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Alex-Catbac...dfa836f&pid=100005&rk=3&rkt=6&sd=201502204572

The car sounded good in the video. Although, I have yet to hear it in person with someone else driving it. :giggle:

Tail lights and clear side markers came in.
IMG_20170210_160629795.jpg
I'm still baffled about how much I bought these for ($35 on eBay). I checked and they are authentic BMW parts. I suppose the seller wanted to get rid of them quickly. The weather seals are not cracking or not showing any signs of damage. The only thing I noticed was the broken corner on the passenger side tail light which doesn't affect anything.

I will also add these CDM 1156 LED bulbs for the brake/parking lights.
IMG_20170210_173704277.jpg

Updated list of things to do/install in the next few weeks (i'll try to follow this order):

1- Painted stock headers, Magnaflow Midpipe with Hi-flow cats (exhaust gaskets ordered from Rockauto)
2- Headlights, taillights, sidemarkers
3- Oil Catch Can
4- New tie rods
5- Brake overhaul (SS lines, pistons, seals)
6- Clutch SS line
7- Brake/clutch fluid flush

There will be minor things that I will probably do in between.

Wow... first post i clicked after joining the site and i read every page ... Nice work Man !
Haha. Thanks. There's more to come. Welcome to the site!

Wow... first post i clicked after joining the site and i read every page ... Nice work Man !

You're a trooper. @webby, I vote for @serk for promotion after 1 post to the site. He stated he read through @Dar-Dar's build thread. Wait....

Did you read through my Tacoma build thread too? If not. You lose, @serk.

...and this is what you get near midnight on a boring Friday night from me when my bottle runs dry...

Installed (sorry for no pics):

-Painted headers and Magnaflow Catted midpipe
-Tail Lights

I returned the LED bulbs that were supposed to be for the taillights since I was reading that these cars get twitchy with LED bulbs, especially on the tail lights. And I'm not a fan of doing wiring jobs since they bore me. Good ol' fashioned halogens it is.

I purchased a used set of OEM '95 M3 springs (as well as new rear isolators, fronts are still good) to replace the current H&R Race Springs. I'm not liking the Race Springs at all. I will purchase a more aggressive suspension setup when I start tracking the car. But in the meantime, the stock springs with the Koni Yellows will do.

I also purchased and snagged a deal on a M50 (non-M) engine/fuel rail covers since my car didn't come with one when I bought it. I'm not fond of the M-Power engine cover costing like it is gold plated ($200 for an engine cover? Hell no). But I have something in mind to making the engine bay look more M like. Lol.

Working on the headlights. I deleted the fog lights and routing the fog light control to the halos. Did I mention that I don't like wiring jobs? This has to be done though. Lol.
IMG_20170216_195549537.jpg

IMG_20170216_224344360.jpg
With Fog and Parking lights on.IMG_20170216_224208379.jpg
Everything on except high beams. IMG_20170216_224219813.jpg IMG_20170216_230101833.jpg
IMG_20170216_224020278.jpg
I don't think I'll clear the corners. I like the amber look. It's very 90s.

Wiring is the absolute worst. That and engine bay body work. I'm never confident when comes to soldering. Lol. Lights look clean. And I agree, the 90's look is what's happening.

I agree the lights look great. Neat idea worrying the halls to the fog light switch

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Thanks. I still have to adjust the alignment of the lights. I'll try and do that tonight. I also did a couple of minor stuff last night. Such as fixing this weather stripping on the sunroof. Both front corners didnt hold and were causing noticeable wind noise when driving around. I applied some 3M weather stripping adhesive to put them back in place.
IMG_20170216_173522118.jpg
I also removed some unnecessary wiring that was left in the engine bay. I'm assuming they are part of an aftermarket antitheft system. I can care less about anti theft on this car. :giggle: I'll probably just out a decal on the windows that say "LoJack Equipped". :rotfl:
IMG_20170216_172255548.jpg
And here is a pic of the painted stock exhaust manifolds. You can almost see the Magna flow Midpipe. They replaced the old manifolds since they were missing studs that mate to the Midpipe. They got a bit dirty when I was installing them.
IMG_20170216_155638575.jpg

The more I work on this car, the longer I want to hold on to it. I've been doing some calculations in terms of owning this car. And it looks like it's not hurting me financially (well except if I keep buying performance parts for it).

Amazon. It's aluminum and I got it for like $11.

Back