Dar-Dar's 1995 Avus Blue E36 M3 Project Car

I dont think its like plastidip. So it won't peel off.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Hey....that pump thingy you used for the trans fluid, is that specific to those bottles or is it universal?

It isn't universal. I had to cut the bottle so the pump could fit through. But the pump does it's job very well. I got that from Harbor Freight.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

I'm thinking about selling my E36 M3 once I'm done with it.

The money I get from it will be used to finish paying off one of my school loans and to buy a CT SC. My initial plan was to use the M3 as a track car, but I feel like I'll need a newer car since my cars are almost 100K (Si) and over 170K (E36 M3) miles. As much as I like the M3, the Si would be a good track car and I would never get rid of it. The M3 is an extremely fun car to work on and the next owner will be pleased to own it.

No worries though, this build isn't done yet and there will be more updates coming in the new year.

Sad to see it go, but at least we got to see it.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
It's not going anywhere yet. There's still a lot of things to do and there will be a bunch more updates to come.

But I'm really liking the car the more I drive it. Plus, I have yet to enjoy driving it during a summer.

I finally had a chance to continue working on the interior ie the droopy headliner. This is what it looked like.

The headliner was touching my hair everytime I drove it, but it didn't bother me too much. But since it will get warmer out, I wouldn't want it flapping all over the place. So I glued it back to place using 3M Headliner Adhesive.
IMG_20170127_164847202.jpg
And this is what it looks like after. I also ran a dehumidifier in the garage to maintain a low humidity level while the adhesive cures.
IMG_20170127_173237910.jpg
This here needed a fix. The door striker has a button that activates the interior light when the door is open/close. As well as the door chime and properly shutting the window shut (since the door window is frameless) into the window seal.

The button on the driver side was worn out and lost a chunk. It wasn't working at all since the door latch doesn't have contact when the door closes.
IMG_20170127_155921251.jpg
All I did was clean the surface really well using a degreaser and grease/wax remover. And I super glued a very small piece of ziptie to fill in the missing chunk as shown below. It is working quite well now.
IMG_20170127_180815818.jpg

I'm thinking about selling my E36 M3 once I'm done with it.

51ef7dc50b0c580a2e2ba87c2250424e.jpg

I finally changed the hideous riced out pedals.
IMG_20170202_164311340.jpg
The 'overnight parts from China' knockoff AC Schnitzer Pedals look so good. And they only cost around $20 shipped. IMG_20170202_183802766.jpg IMG_20170202_183729935.jpg

Back