DarkKnight2014's Build Thread

DarkNight2014

Anniston, AL
Vehicle Model
Civic EX
Body Style
Sedan
Whats up guys (and girls) Traded in my 19mpg 400hp wallet robber for a more economically muscular 2014 Civic EX 1.8 CVT, its a black base EX picked it up with 8 miles on the odo on Friday May 2nd, since then I've clocked over 1500 miles (2 weeks) and its really starting to itch my pants to begin building on her.

Here is the build to date:
05/08/14 Tinted windows:
35% front & back
25% rear
05/11/14 Vent visors
05/16/14 Interior Illumination

Future Modifications:
Performance Muffler (Axle Back)
Suspension (Lowering kit)
Cold-Air-Intake
Video Ready stock 7" Screen
Roll call vinyl
Projector Headlights
LED interior lighting (dome etc.)
LED exterior lighting (brakes etc.)
Turbo??
CVT cooler??^
Sound system working off of stock equip
17" wheels
wheel spacers (idea from Pauly99to17)
hack the iMid
programable and viewable digital realtime diagnostics in 7" screen
This list will continue to grow.......

Thanks everyone that check's the build out and I promise to have better pics soon!

IMG_1009.jpg IMG_1010.jpg IMG_1011.jpg IMG_1015.jpg IMG_1016.jpg

Update: 05/15/14
Finished up some wiring for the footwells last night, what took me so long is trying to get behind the stereo and still failed to get it out, something is holding the crap outta the bezel, anyway here's the progress:
Wiring
yse8u6y9.jpg

Toggles
yby2e7up.jpg

Lights on
uqe4ejub.jpg

8y7a4ere.jpg

Last edited:

Nope 2010 Challenger RT it was actually around 345hp though, I work 60 miles away one way and didn't want to do that to such a young car and kill the resale down the road, Hondas just hold the money better i suppose, and I'm working on another car at the moment but can't let the cat outta the bag just yet ;)

thanks man just needing the extra kick in the pants.....that is where the wallet sits too
I hear ya man, I'm actually about to start up a budget-build for my 2012 EX Coupe this weekend. I assure you this site has tons of options for the 2013 sedans, Pauly99to17 has plenty of amazing DIY threads to get ya started in the right direction.

I hear ya man, I'm actually about to start up a budget-build for my 2012 EX Coupe this weekend. I assure you this site has tons of options for the 2013 sedans, Pauly99to17 has plenty of amazing DIY threads to get ya started in the right direction.
You're right about that one @Pauly99to17 and @ADExternal have quite the builds that I have seen, and I still have more to check out, Im hoping most of the 2013 mods are easily copied to the 2014

Well I'm not 100 on it, but I believe a lot of things are interchangeable between 2012+ civic models..apart from the SI of course, that's a whole other world lol

I believe you can switch out your front panel with any other 2012+ civic non-si

Well I'm not 100 on it, but I believe a lot of things are interchangeable between 2012+ civic models..apart from the SI of course, that's a whole other world lol

I believe you can switch out your front panel with any other 2012+ civic non-si

Good I'm going to look around for some pull apart places near me and see

Yea, a lot of other members here complain about it "smiling" at you. If you have any trouble at all, ask away, and good luck man!

Micca Speck G2 came in today, got the CD player where I can rip it out, just need some help on finding the "lane watch" wire behind it, anyone have any info?

Ok so breakdown complete, however looks like a scientist went mad:
The ones on the right are:
USB1 center
USB2 armrest
USB3 glovebox
HDMI
The rest are the system looms, question is where and which loom holds the back up can and lane watch
2e3y4ade.jpg

e4upuduq.jpg

Hooked up the micca speck to the HDMI input and got this: (a half image) my thoughts are is that it's made for the iphone adapter only and picking up a mixed signal I.e. It's trying it's best to think it's an iphone
y5adate2.jpg

Here's the hook up (I'm waiting on the standalone adapter please excuse the converter:
atavy4u7.jpg

Needing some help on this one, any replies are greatly appreciated guys, one option is to splice into the door and run the wires through straight off the cam: (just gotta get the door panel off and see)
zada9ypa.jpg
evare6ub.jpg

Any luck tapping the lanewatch video input?

Sorry it's been a while on the app and build update, lots of life changes lol, anyway, no I have had no luck getting into the loom, I'm on vacation next week and will be bullying the camera feed into the mica but I'm going to try and set it up to where I can switch them off/on independently. Also, I have to find away to sync the sound since this model doesn't have an aux input....sigh. Tomorrow morning I'm going to post some updated pics not much has changed but hope soon there will be some coming.

Back