Dealer Praise + BUYING TIPS!

SiCoupeStud

Dallas, TX
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Coupe
So, earlier this week I picked up a new Si from David McDavid in Frisco, TX. They were awesome.

It was super simple and low stress. I got one of two of the Taffeta White's with NAV and the Sunroof.

I wanted to share pricing info...

Since they are the largest volume in the nation, they gave me a sick deal.

The list was $25,210, with an $1800 "pack," being:
-Pinstripes
-Door Guards
-Trunk Mat
-Tint

Long story short, and I don't have my paperwork in front of me, but my OTD price was...

$26,500.

Just put that together... That means that before tax, the vehicle, with those accessories, was a mere $24,000.

Call me crazy, but on a car that is gone in days after it hits the dealer, they discounted the car -$1200 and gave me all that pre-installed crap FREE.

I wouldn't go into a dealer and say they need to do the same, but what I CAN tell you is how I took the time and utilized my life skills to not only purchase a new car, but created a healthy relationship with the folks I'll be working with as I work on my car:

-Know EXACTLY what you want. Go with the intent of buying the car AT MSRP.

-If you can't afford the MSRP, face it; You can't afford the vehicle. The dealer only makes about $500 off of each car, and took a loss selling me mine. Honda does not own a single dealership. Unless it's chain dealer, these are FAMILY OWNED. The dealership owns every car on the lot; Purchase one thats there, or you won't get a crazy deal.

-Don't be wishy-washy. DO YOUR DECIDING/RESEARCH BEFORE YOU WALK IN, pending test drives.

-Create a relationship with the staff. Get to know them. Don't be a douche... Be a "lady" or "gent." Listen to them like they are your spouse, and I guarantee they will listen to you with equivalent respect and understanding.

-When you make the sales person feel good, they want you to feel good. Anger, whining, and unrealistic expectations cause negative energy, and it's only your fault. THE CUSTOMER IS NOT ALWAYS RIGHT, in fact I'd guess 90% of the time the customer is wrong. YOU walked into their business, their SECOND HOME, and like they have household rules at home, they have policies at work.

-When you make your deal, and you say it's yours if they get you to that "magic number," don't nickel and dime them... They're already willing to make you happy. Taking advantage of them is cheap, classless, and speaks volumes about your financial responsibility. When the deal is made, go through with it. In Texas, if they wanted to be assholes, oral agreement is binding by law...

-Last, but NOT least, DON'T argue about the destination charge. If a vehicle should be free to get somewhere, we should all be able to fly for free. Seriously... Buy used if you think that's a "scam."

another deal from yesterday -
2015 Civic Si Coupe (Red) No navi/summer tires
MSRP: $23,750
Price: $20,750
Total was $23,000 after dealer fee, tax and tag
1.9% APR

Right now is the best time to buy a Civic as the 10th gen will be here very soon...

dealerships seem to be discounting the 9th gens pretty well. I haven't seen anyone talk about paying anything close to msrp

You work for this dealership I'd guess

Sounds like it. "Go with the intent of buying the car AT MSRP." :shady: That's a bad idea! And, $1,800 for a package containing pin stripes, a trunk tray, door guards and tint seems astronomically high!!

I work for a Honda dealership in Orlando, FL. We don't negotiate prices (We're a "best price", or one price dealership), but we sell our cars well below invoice (especially MSRP!) and customers don't have to negotiate to get an awesome deal.

If you guys have any dealer-related questions let me know!

I'm shopping currently and a 2015 Si sedan was offered to me at $20,800, plus tax and title. MSRP isn't a thing at Honda dealers right now, especially with the 10th Gen looming on the horizon. Sorry, your deal wasn't that great.

$26,500 is way too much for an Si. I wouldn't never pay that much nuh-uh....

I'm shopping currently and a 2015 Si sedan was offered to me at $20,800, plus tax and title. MSRP isn't a thing at Honda dealers right now, especially with the 10th Gen looming on the horizon. Sorry, your deal wasn't that great.

Good deal, I got mine for $20,750 which is practically the same and it's a steal. Mine came tinted which was a plus. I think it's a great time to buy. Check out this link...http://www.torquenews.com/1574/2015-honda-civic-si-rare-commodity

Back