Debating unloading my 2012 SI coupe for a 2015 Sedan. Thoughts?

CappyKD

Lake Matthews, SoCal
Vehicle Model
Civic SI
Body Style
Coupe
All,

I have been quiet on here recently because I have one of the 6000 or so Early 2012 SI's with the bad rings and oil consumption issues I have had it parked in a garage for about a year driving it every once in a while to keep fresh gas in it, and it only has 21900 miles on it. I am pretty close to pulling the trigger on a TW 2015 SI Sedan and trading in my 2012 CBP coupe. Has anybody gone this direction? Thoughts? Regrets? Should I stay with the 2015 Coupe? Most of the things I didn't like about my 2012 have been ironed out by Honda AFIK, yes the newer ones weigh a little more, but from what I know, they handle much better. I will have to remove My injen cold air intake and swap it to the new SI, and if I go sedan, I will put the stock exhaust back on and sell the old one here (Invidia Q300 for coupe) I have the factory red ambient interior lights, buddy club short throw shifter and corsport shifter bushings that I will leave in the old one. I will remove the 2012 HFP floor mats assuming that they are compatible with the 2015 floors. (I assume so.)

Thought? Flames?

I have a Taffy 15 sedan and I love it. For me it works great because I like the sportiness and the practicality. The technology is the icing on the cake for me. The stereo is becoming my favorite part of the car with the Pandora and all. It's a little tight while carrying people around but it's doable. I drove 6000 miles last year with a couple long trips. It's not as impractical as driving an S2000 everyday but it has the fun factor. My car has 400 miles on it so far and I had Eibach springs put on last week. I'm gonna keep it this way for a while now. I'm very happy with my purchase.

I can't speak for your situation. The coupes are teeny tiny for my lifestyle. Id rather get another S2000 if it came down to it.

Do it. Sedan gots all the room want. If i hadnt got a Tacoma i wouldve got the new 2015 sedan. Also most of the bugs are worked out by now.

I think it's a "what you want issue"........ Unless you need the rear seat and extra 2 doors for something/one.

What do you think of the 2016 redesign released today?

I traded in my 2012 Si coupe for a 2014 Si coupe and I'm really glad I did.
The 2014 is SO much nicer in every way IMO.
Sedan or Coupe. That's just personal preference. Personally, I think the coupe is sportier.

14 and 15 handle dramatically better than the 12 and 13. Touchscreen is nice but wish it still had analog knob.

Back