Decent Deal for 13 Si Sedan ($22,500)?

Mr. Clean

Hey guys/gals,

After test driving several cars (Focus ST, GTI, WRX, Speed3, I believe I'm going with the Si. I currently drive a VW TDI.

I went to Allen Honda in College Station, Tx today. I want a 13 Si Sedan. They said they could order me one for $22,500. That was the best possible offer they could give. Started at $23,500. Is this a decent deal? I've checked other surrounding Honda dealerships and could not find any Si's. Even with all my buying tactics, they didn't budge off of $22,500.

Thanks for any help. Hoping to join the community. BTW, I know I'll get a bias opinion here but does anyone regret getting their Si and wished they got another car?

That's a great deal! And welcome to the site. I don't own a 9thgen, but I'm sure you'll enjoy the 2013.

Good deal. I paid invoice for mine which was under 22k. Some dealers won't budge though.

Exactly what I paid for mine. Decent deal I think
it's fair IMO.

I get a good deal, the dealer gets their cut and my broker gets his cut.

All in all haggling for an extra $300 IMO isn't worth it. I have an HPT model BTW.

Here's the caveat though, $500 flex cash expired yesterday so whoever reads this expect to pay $500 more.

it's fair IMO.

I get a good deal, the dealer gets their cut and my broker gets his cut.

All in all haggling for an extra $300 IMO isn't worth it. I have an HPT model BTW.

Here's the caveat though, $500 flex cash expired yesterday so whoever reads this expect to pay $500 more.

I meant I paid 22.5, u got an awesome deal looks like. I got the color I wanted (tw) and I got what I wanted for trade in so I didn't mind only getting 1k off Msrp. Just wanted to get out of that honda fit so bad at that time :)

The dealer wasn't giving anything off the oranges at least in my area they treated them like gold. They had them inside and u couldn't test drive them. I think they only had one coupe in on that color.

Thanks for the replies guys. I pulled the trigger and put a deposit down for a white 13 Si Sedan. It's being built tomorrow and hopefully be shipped to the dealer near the end of the month. Looking forward to the car and community. It's my first Honda. I hope it's a good experience.

Seems like a good price , seeing that there aren't many available in your area and it has to be built. I got my 13 tw si sedan for 21840. It was the true car price at the time.

I meant I paid 22.5, u got an awesome deal looks like. I got the color I wanted (tw) and I got what I wanted for trade in so I didn't mind only getting 1k off Msrp. Just wanted to get out of that honda fit so bad at that time :)

The dealer wasn't giving anything off the oranges at least in my area they treated them like gold. They had them inside and u couldn't test drive them. I think they only had one coupe in on that color.
that's because orange is special :)

also came with free pinstriping which I removed right away.

I see dealer charge outrageous $$ for pinstriping smh

Good deal. I paid invoice for mine which was under 22k. Some dealers won't budge though.
There's basically no such thing as "invoice." The dealership doesn't buy the car outright from the manufacturer. They lease each unit at a rate which depends upon their volume. The more volume the dealership carries, the less they pay per car per month. It is possible for a dealership to buy the cars, but just about nobody does that. "Invoice" is an arbitrary number that the sales department comes up with.

$22,500 is a decent price. As far as regrets with my '12 Si sedan, I had a little buyer's remorse when I sat in a GTI a couple weeks after I got it, but that wore off very quickly as I am not a fan of the way VWs feel nor am I a fan of their lack of reliability. You may feel different, but VW is notoriously unreliable (with the exception of their deisels). Other than that, my biggest and ongoing regret came a few months later when the '13 Civic came out and I saw the interior. Luckily, you won't experience that regret. I really didn't have the option to wait, but I wish I hadn't modified my car at all so I could have just traded in for a '13 when they came out. Oh well.

I think you're really going to enjoy your first Honda.

There's basically no such thing as "invoice." The dealership doesn't buy the car outright from the manufacturer. They lease each unit at a rate which depends upon their volume. The more volume the dealership carries, the less they pay per car per month. It is possible for a dealership to buy the cars, but just about nobody does that. "Invoice" is an arbitrary number that the sales department comes up with.

$22,500 is a decent price. As far as regrets with my '12 Si sedan, I had a little buyer's remorse when I sat in a GTI a couple weeks after I got it, but that wore off very quickly as I am not a fan of the way VWs feel nor am I a fan of their lack of reliability. You may feel different, but VW is notoriously unreliable (with the exception of their deisels). Other than that, my biggest and ongoing regret came a few months later when the '13 Civic came out and I saw the interior. Luckily, you won't experience that regret. I really didn't have the option to wait, but I wish I hadn't modified my car at all so I could have just traded in for a '13 when they came out. Oh well.

I think you're really going to enjoy your first Honda.

However you want to put it.... I looked up factory invoice and started from there, paid about 1300.00 less. I don't care what it should technically be called, it's a deal to me!

Got mine for $20,444 before tax, tag, title at Hennesey Honda in Woodstock, GA. Prices always range depending on the location where you live and the demand. I always use the True Market Value on Edmunds.com to gauge how good of a "deal" I'm getting.

Since nobody else has asked, is this the Navi model? Summer tires? Tis adds $1500 to the price. If this is a Navi model, then I think that's a good price, if not, then its a fair price.

Si definitely most bang for the buck! Use the extra cash you saved to personalize/ mod your new baby,
Then show us your pics! You will love this forum-I know I do!

Back