Dented Fender

andre12dbsi

Gatineau, QC Canada
Vehicle Model
'15 Acura TLX SH-AWD Tech
Body Style
Sedan
Some people just don't care. I was visiting some friends only to find that someone backed in to the car while it was parked on the street. No note or anything of course.

I guess I now find out how hard it is going to be for the body shop to match the Dyno Blue Pearl II.

Here's a few shots. It was dark and the car is filthy. A new fender for sure as well as a new head light as the side marker is all scratched up. The fender liner was scraping the tire so I pulled it out. I was surprised how easy it is to pull out. Just like NASCAR.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361678138.602954.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1361678151.885651.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1361678165.933575.jpg

I feel you. It pisses me off how some people have no regard for other vehicles. I don't mind walking so I always park far away and STILL there's always that one person to park RIGHT next to me :pat: A month or so after buying my Civic I was running late to a meeting and had to park close, of course someone opened their door into my car :banghead: The dent, which I still have yet to fix, is only the size of a quarter but is still noticeable. Good luck to you in finding a reputable shop to do a good repair, Honda quoted me $250-300 for PDR on my quarter size dent... I'm going to try the air duster trick.

Last edited:
Thanks guys. I always park far in parking lots but when you're visiting and have to park on the street what do you do? You don't really expect to get hit there.

It's just a pain getting quotes and finding a half decent repair shop. I'll start at the dealer Monday I guess.

Thanks guys. I always park far in parking lots but when you're visiting and have to park on the street what do you do? You don't really expect to get hit there.

It's just a pain getting quotes and finding a half decent repair shop. I'll start at the dealer Monday I guess.

True, especially busy streets. Parallel parking always scares me since not many "car" people know how to do it lol.

My 04 got ran into in the driver side rear last November,after fighting with their insurance( direct) they finally cut me a check for around 700. Fixed it and it looks great again,but a hassle for sure.cost total of 682.00 it is RR and matched perfect. Thank god someone saw the person do it and I got police report,it really went a long way to resolve it.

I had a better look today and the front bumper is cracked too. The only good news....if it can be called that, is that I have a zero deductible for hit and runs. All they need is a police report.

I'm going for an estimate at the dealer tomorrow. I'm guessing 2K at least. So maddening.......

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1361756899.952516.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1361756899.952516.jpg
    411.1 KB · Views: 26
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1361756917.016374.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1361756917.016374.jpg
    478.8 KB · Views: 25
Sorry to see this happened to you. I would like to see one time where someone actually steps up and takes responsibility, or at least gets caught and is made to pay for their mistake.

I hope you can get this fixed quickly and reasonably.

I don't know if yours is a no fault state, but in those places, people feel like they don't have to stop because your insurance is going to cover it anyway. Those people are wrong. Then again, some people also have no respect for others' property. That could be at work here.

Glad you have zero deductable. Wish I did!

I got the quotes today. $2700. Bumper, headlight, fender, alignment, the paint and labour. They will keep the car for 5 days.

Yep. Zero deductible is because it was a hit and run. A normal collision is a $500 deductible.

headlight as well, no? Seems extremely high on the quote, but at least it's being fixed. Is this directly through honda?

headlight as well, no? Seems extremely high on the quote, but at least it's being fixed. Is this directly through honda?

Agreed.

I t-boned a lady that turned in front of me a few years back in my 7th and it only came out to about $3500 at a Honda shop/dealer. Bumper, hood, both quarter panels, alignment, paint matching/blending, and some other stuff that I forget about now. Granted, it was old enough that they did not have to use OEM parts, though. (this depends on insurance company policy)

Yes. I forgot the headlight. I added it. It was over $400 for the part alone.

It's at the body shop that my dealer uses. Their body shop is actually at an Acura dealer.

The earliest they can take it is next week.

Back