public pricing
oem bumper cover - $269
oem fender $141

ripoff

public pricing
oem bumper cover - $269
oem fender $141

ripoff

Insurance is a ripoff for sure. Canadian prices might be a bit different but probably not much more.

Like I said, that's likely why insurance rates are so high. Body shops gouge insurance companies.

ahhh yes, canadian pricing would probably be different. Those were US prices I posted

I got the quotes today. $2700. Bumper, headlight, fender, alignment, the paint and labour. They will keep the car for 5 days.

Yep. Zero deductible is because it was a hit and run. A normal collision is a $500 deductible.

Note to self: Ask the hitter to leave. jk :rotfl:

I got the car back last Friday. It took the body shop 5 days to do the repair. It was an ok job. It seems the paint pooled a bit where the fender meets the bumper. I pointed it out to them and they said it was a quick fix and to bring it back in a couple weeks when the paint has had time to set. We'll see......

I'm just glad I don't have to drive around with a dented car anymore.

It was spotless when I picked it up and I forgot to take a picture of course. Now it's back to being a dirty product of a Canadian winter.

Thanks guys. I always park far in parking lots but when you're visiting and have to park on the street what do you do? You don't really expect to get hit there.

It's just a pain getting quotes and finding a half decent repair shop. I'll start at the dealer Monday I guess.

My wife had her Si totalled by a drunk that hit her car while it was parked on the street...all the police had to do was follow the trail of ATF and coolant to his driveway. Definitely bites.

5 days? That's ridiculous... in the shops I worked it, that would show up at 8 am, and be ready to deliver for the next morning. Wash car, remove bumper cover, fender, hood and headlight, send it to the mechanical side for an alignment while the inside of the hood and fender were being washed, scuffed and 'jammed'.

Even without baking capability, with BASF DC76 'turbo' clear, you could have the inside of the hood and fender shot and ready to bolt on in about 2 hours tops. Bolt on the hood and fender, prep the hood outside and fender outside, sand back the damaged paint on the bumper cover and prep the rest with Glasurit Sand-fix paste and a grey scotchbrite.

By mid afternoon, it would be taped, in the booth ready to spray, since you would have already sprayed a let down panel when jamming the parts to get a good idea of how many mid-coats you need if it's a tri-coat color. ( Ground coat, mid coat with pearls and then the clear coat ) If it's a simple formula, you can adjust if if need be.

If a tri-coat, the ground coat must be a match, as well you must match the amount of mid coats, as each progressive coat will change the look ( obscuring the ground coat more and more )

Install the fender liner, tire, remove masking materials, wash car, vacuum and deliver to the customer. In a shop with baking capability, or the latest UV cure primers and clears, this would be an even faster repair. 10 am the next day wouldn't be a problem to deliver.

5 days? That's ridiculous... in the shops I worked it, that would show up at 8 am, and be ready to deliver for the next morning. Wash car, remove bumper cover, fender, hood and headlight, send it to the mechanical side for an alignment while the inside of the hood and fender were being washed, scuffed and 'jammed'.

Even without baking capability, with BASF DC76 'turbo' clear, you could have the inside of the hood and fender shot and ready to bolt on in about 2 hours tops. Bolt on the hood and fender, prep the hood outside and fender outside, sand back the damaged paint on the bumper cover and prep the rest with Glasurit Sand-fix paste and a grey scotchbrite.

By mid afternoon, it would be taped, in the booth ready to spray, since you would have already sprayed a let down panel when jamming the parts to get a good idea of how many mid-coats you need if it's a tri-coat color. ( Ground coat, mid coat with pearls and then the clear coat ) If it's a simple formula, you can adjust if if need be.

If a tri-coat, the ground coat must be a match, as well you must match the amount of mid coats, as each progressive coat will change the look ( obscuring the ground coat more and more )

Install the fender liner, tire, remove masking materials, wash car, vacuum and deliver to the customer. In a shop with baking capability, or the latest UV cure primers and clears, this would be an even faster repair. 10 am the next day wouldn't be a problem to deliver.

Yeah. That didn't happen. Lol. I wish it was that fast. I had a Focus for a rental. Ugh!

Just be careful your insurance rates don't go up.

Had a similar situation in the past. Was using esurance at the time. explained to me that I was home and parked and there were witnesses and what not so rates wouldn't be affected. I don't remember the specific amount, but at renewal rates would've went up around $100 per month with them. That's when I switched to progressive and never looked back, who only charged +/- 10 what my previous esurance rate was.

Sucks though either way.

Just be careful your insurance rates don't go up.

Had a similar situation in the past. Was using esurance at the time. explained to me that I was home and parked and there were witnesses and what not so rates wouldn't be affected. I don't remember the specific amount, but at renewal rates would've went up around $100 per month with them. That's when I switched to progressive and never looked back, who only charged +/- 10 what my previous esurance rate was.

Sucks though either way.

Yeah. I'm locked in with these guys for two years at a certain rate. We'll see at renewal time what the difference is. It always pays to shop around for sure.

I finally got a chance to wash to car by hand since the repairs and I noticed that there is a gap between the bumper and the headlight on the passenger side and none on the drivers side. Back to the body shop I guess. Man it's hard to get good work done.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1364507621.566881.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1364507621.566881.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 14
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1364507637.611761.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1364507637.611761.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 14
The bumper may just need pushed back in that area to catch the tab. If it is all the way in, the headlight bracket may need adjusted.

The bumper may just need pushed back in that area to catch the tab. If it is all the way in, the headlight bracket may need adjusted.

Thanks webby. The light coming from that side of the car does seem a bit off (a bit higher than before it seems). It could be the headlight bracket. I'll take it back next week and let them figure it out.

Back