Desert Carbon Fiber

stormtrooper

So I figured I'd post this question in the 'West' region since it is more focused towards arid/dry environments. Is getting any type of carbon fiber part on a vehicle whether its a hood, trunk, spoiler, etc a bad idea. I've heard that even if you get a carbon fiber part that has a clear coat on it, it won't last more then a year or two before the heat just eats up the clear coat on the carbon fiber. Then your carbon fiber part will look funny because the clear coat is missing. Does that make sense or do I need to reword my question?

Would you be able to avoid the clear coat problem with a 'dry' carbon fiber part? I've seen 'dry' carbon fiber parts but don't know much about it other then the price is more.

SEIBON will replace any carbon fiber component that exhibits heavy cloudiness under the clear coat (which is only visible under the Sun. SEIBON apologizes for not being able to inspect every product under natural sun light) or has a clear coat bubble larger than 3/8".

They will also replace any panel where the clear coat changes more than a full shade within 6 months. Slight fading and discoloration over time is natural. The warranty only covers more extreme cases.

To preserve carbon fiber hood finish, SEIBON recommends that the heat shield from the original hood be transferred to the carbon fiber panel, or that an aftermarket heat shield product be installed.

The "warranty" on carbon stuff is not long. You can always paint it, and use it as a weight saving mod. If you're looking to have the carbon visible....you may not be happy with it over time.

The trick to keeping cf looking good is waxing religiously. When I lived in tn once a week was enough. For a desert environment I would recommend 2 times a week. Time consuming but it keeps it looking nice

Its what you want it to be, whats rice? everyone has a different opinion where the line is set. Mod your car for yourself cause at the end of the day, youre the one driving it not anyone else.

Back