Destracted Driving!

Monk

SW Virginia
Vehicle Model
2012 Civic EX
Body Style
Coupe FG3:ASM
In particular a TV host show has started a new fad in the Karaoke field, Which really bugs me. It's doing it while driving.
It's not like we don't have enough people that can't get from point A to B with out killing and getting killed from F'n with their phones, but now he has started a national wide "Karaoke while driving" fad.
Any comments?

Video? It always scares me when I see someone on their phone in my rearview mirror. Like please don't rear end me please.

not sure what it is, but is it real? All I could find was a lady doing it in china, and she got arrested

not sure what it is, but is it real? All I could find was a lady doing it in china, and she got arrested
It's the Late Late Show with James Corden. He's been doing this with his guest, he'll take them out for a ride and they both do it while driving. I'm thinking we've all sung to our selves while driving, but now with the camera, they have this need to look at the camera while they do it, instead of the road.

I'm with monk. Drivers certainly aren't getting any better and they shouldn't be promoting more distracted driving. I mean hell I watched a guy try to cut across 4 lanes of traffic clip another car spin and nail the Jersey wall at about 50 earlier this week. He was only like 4-5 cars ahead of me too so I got a pretty good view of the wreck.

The things I see when driving on the highway

- talking on the phone, only one hand on the wheel
- girls doing their make up
- girls searching for stuff that's on the back seat
- old people reading newspaper
- texting
- people eating food
- girls or men playing with themselves. Yes I did see that and couldn't believe my own eyes:shady:
- my favorite people drinking alcohol that's inside the brown paper bag:D

My car has Bluetooth and I still feel that its more or less a distraction. I hardly feel comfortable using it unless I have to and even then I keep it as short as possible.

My car has Bluetooth and I still feel that its more or less a distraction. I hardly feel comfortable using it unless I have to and even then I keep it as short as possible.

I was on a phone call and I went to a crazy intersection and looking for a way to turn left without a left turn arrow, and I had to ask the person who I was talking to to repeat himself 3 times because its still a distraction and I couldn't give the guy 100% of my attention.

I was on a phone call and I went to a crazy intersection and looking for a way to turn left without a left turn arrow, and I had to ask the person who I was talking to to repeat himself 3 times because its still a distraction and I couldn't give the guy 100% of my attention.

I'm thing you're saying this, "tongue & cheek"...... BUT.......

Yours is probably one of the best examples of why we shouldn't use these comm. devises, because of where we prioritize our gadgets over driving awareness. What needs to be done is to hang up, and call back when it's more safely convenient, then you can explain why you cut him off/& out.

Anne Landers said to look people in the face when talking. That didn't mean while driving.........
We need to take the old way of thinking what's rude, back to before peeps had cell phones, and rewrite that is not rude dropping the phone in the passenger seat when it effects driving safely... (of course if it's hands free, just stop talking, or listening).

I swear so many people are very lucky that I ended up in my civic and not the old ford ranger I really wanted. I was going to put push bars and weld box steel down the doors. Essentially I wanted to make a semi-pre-runner battering ram. Cut me off? Go ahead, Ill just scrape up your nice shiny car. Mine? Eh.. its just plasti-dipped. Cutting into my lane without looking, fine with me!

I wanted to do this but extend it down both sides of the truck and around the back:

newfrontbumper3.jpg

I've also always wanted to mount a cast iron fist into a trailer hitch. So if someone rear ends you their car gets a fist full of iron and you hopefully suffer minimal damage. Think about just those light taps in traffic from people not paying attention. Wrecked hood/grill/radiator penalty for not watching/

Although I suppose one of those triple ball and hook hitches would work well too. Imagine them tapping you and ending up with this hook stuck through the front of their car. Just pull forward and rip em' to shreds!

$_35.JPG

Since this thread is about Destracted Driving this happened to me today:
In my city "stop" signs doesn't mean halt. Heck, "Stop" isn't even a word, it's an acronym for slightly tap on pedal.
So I was going toward a 4 way stop, the person in front of my really just tap the brakes once and kept going at a constant speed (like 10 mph?). I pulled up next to the car at the light, she was on her iPad. (yes, iPad, not phone)

Reactions: Nix
Hl3Tvvv.jpg

I like to practice playing the trombone while on the interstate.

Since this thread is about Destracted Driving this happened to me today:
In my city "stop" signs doesn't mean halt. Heck, "Stop" isn't even a word, it's an acronym for slightly tap on pedal.
So I was going toward a 4 way stop, the person in front of my really just tap the brakes once and kept going at a constant speed (like 10 mph?). I pulled up next to the car at the light, she was on her iPad. (yes, iPad, not phone)
Since you live in CA. you may find this interesting......... Back in the Late 50's back east, and then again in the mid 70's when living in Denver though the 20's(00), I've always heard the phrase "Calif-Stop" for anyone we saw floating though a stop sign.... Now I don't know that CA peeps know this since they live there, and may have another name for it, but from my view point it's a "Cal-Stop"....... :D

Back