Differences between K24Z3 (09 TSX) and K24Z7 (12 Si) Engines

mucter

Wasn't sure where to post this, but thought I should since I'm sure it's a question that people will have going forward.

I have it on authority from a source close to Honda that the only difference between the new K24Z7 engine in the Si and the K24Z3 found in the TSX/Accord is the block casting.

Everything else on and inside the motor is the same:

Crank
Pistons
Rods
Head
Cams
Valve springs / retainers
Intake manifold
Etc....

They only changed the block because of an issue with the Civic chassis and fitment. The Z3 block's oil setup didn't clear the new Civic's chassis properly so they revised the block to fix that.

Otherwise, parts should be interchangeable.

Hope this helps someone out!

Good information. I had heard that the cams were not going to be a 3 lobe profile, but it looks like that is not true. So, the new cams that Nikos has for the K Series should work well here. Superior Valve Motion is his new company as IPS decided to drop from the scene. KME's or K10's might be the hot ticket on this new engine.

^nikos has made cams for the k24z motors?

Op, thanks for the info. I wonder if Hondata flashpro will be the same for these cars or will require modifications. Also, if what you say is true, it'd be nice to throw a fullrace turbo setup in the tsx or accord.

I don't think he has any yet. I believe he's looking at making some though

Back