Diogo's civic build thread

coils went on this past weekend.
the front sits high i know. i didnt want to dial it in just to have it settle somewhere i didnt want it so im waiting a few days and bumps so it sits pretty much where it will and then do the final adjustments

oh and inb4 OMG NEEDS MOAR LOW
aint care about that stance lyfe

Attachments

• IMG_20150525_122920.jpg
    IMG_20150525_122920.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 29
headlights are coming apart this week. i finally tracked down a replacement light so that i can fix the adjuster screw in the driver side light.

so things are finally coming along.
so far this stuff rides PERFECT! I LOVE THESE COILS
on the softer settings (2 clicks or so to the right) this thing rides very plus still very responsive (you can feel the bumps a hell of a lot more mtheyre pronounced but not harsh)
and when you go a few more clicks up the car just stays planted! i really would like to mess with the settings more but the swaybar should go in first

anyways talk is cheap

Attachments

• IMG_20150531_141415.jpg
    IMG_20150531_141415.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 31
  • IMG_20150531_203033.jpg
    IMG_20150531_203033.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 29
i finally got around to trying to take better photos of the wheels. i know some people are curious to see what they actually look like colour wise (this still isint100% what they look like in person but they will never look in photos as thy do in person)

Attachments

• IMG_20150601_134026.jpg
    IMG_20150601_134026.jpg
    1,020.8 KB · Views: 27
adjusting the coils this past weekend to finally get the front down to where i want it.
(for the record front is still a hair high and rear is a hair low lol)

Attachments

• IMG_20150530_114801.jpg
    IMG_20150530_114801.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 20
local group "banner" went on
for any toronto or GTA members on here come join us on our facebook page! 9th civic toronto and GTA 9th gen civics we do meets and dinners at least twice a month

Attachments

• IMG_20150531_012032.jpg
    IMG_20150531_012032.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 20
as for the headlight issue. the person who promised me the headlight for cheap ended up deciding he wanted to be a HUGE private part of a guy and i had to put those off too. luckily a local member whos car got stolen recently has a brand new one for me YAY! headlights will be back in soon i hope!

rear camber arms were ordered. will spend a good chunk of the day getting those in and putting in the rear swaybar in..... i hope LOL then alignment tomorrow morning

king of procrastination i swear im getting better

local group "banner" went on
for any toronto or GTA members on here come join us on our facebook page! 9th civic toronto and GTA 9th gen civics we do meets and dinners at least twice a month
I don't like stickers, but I have to admit that that one is pretty cool. GTA ....Grand Theft Auto or Greater Toronto Area. :giggle:

View attachment 47262
My other toy. Minimum 4km ride a day when I can. Getting back into it just put new bars on and a new front wheel (quick release and straight) needs new brake setup for rear and that's it.

Oh for the record its a single speed. No I don't live in the city but I prefer the little maintenance of no gears and very minimal mechanical things super nice ride

Is it fixed? I'm seeing platform pedals with no cages and no brakes. How the hell do you stop, bro?

Which camber arms and sway bar did you go with @DiogoDC?
spc camber kit. and progress 22mm swaybar. will be pairing this up with fkx rear trunk brace to make up the differe.ce for the same price it would have cost me to get the 24mm.... but better responsiveness

Is it fixed? I'm seeing platform pedals with no cages and no brakes. How the hell do you stop, bro?
its a single speed. free wheel not fixed. it has a flip flop hub so i can swap if i want to. it now has one rear brake. less parts means less things to fail :P and break.....

its a single speed. free wheel not fixed. it has a flip flop hub so i can swap if i want to. it now has one rear brake. less parts means less things to fail :P and break.....

Word! I know exactly what ya mean. I'm currently in the process of rebuilding my fixed. It's been neglected since I've been out of school and purchased a full-suspension.

Word! I know exactly what ya mean. I'm currently in the process of rebuilding my fixed. It's been neglected since I've been out of school and purchased a full-suspension.
i had a specialized for a year or so but the only issue was i never had time to ridfe any trails and it was sitting. my fixie gets ridden at least once a day and it was cheap in comparison

ill be putting the lights back in and finally tracked down a set of reasonably priced spc camber arms (with import and the canadian dollar the way it is everything was breaking the 400 mark i got them for 260)
rsb will be going in at the same time as the camber arms.

still loafting hard on this dp install.... and the intake i cant put in til i order the tune.
i know people i should just get to it. but i may be changing jobs soon so i need to save for the time being

Back