Dirty Car Thread

-22 Celsius this morning (-7 Fahrenheit). Yesterday and the day before was -33 Celcius (-25 Fahrenheit). The car was making all kinds of cracking noises on the inside. The clutch was stiffer too if you were in any gear for any length of time.

Yep. Same thing here. I did manage to find an open car wash this afternoon though. It's not a perfect job, but it looks better!
Even if I found one open, at minus 19 degrees celsius I wouldn't dare wash it. My battery crapped out on me yesterday it was so cold here (currently at my Honda dealership now getting it replaced since it wouldn't start this morning either until I had someone boost it for me). Aparently they have replaced 24 batteries since yesterday afternoon! First time I've ever had that happen and I was swearing up a storm this morning, lol.

Yeah. The fluids get thick until you warm the car up a bit. My climate control fan squeaks during 10-15 degree weather,until the car warms up. :D

Even if I found one open, at minus 19 degrees celsius I wouldn't dare wash it. My battery crapped out on me yesterday it was so cold here (currently at my Honda dealership now getting it replaced since it wouldn't start this morning either until I had someone boost it for me). Aparently they have replaced 24 batteries since yesterday afternoon! First time I've ever had that happen and I was swearing up a storm this morning, lol.

Mine sleeps in the garage so it starts fine. Our 8th gen is outside so we got a block heater installed. It started this week no problem. They make a huge difference.

-22 Celsius this morning (-7 Fahrenheit). Yesterday and the day before was -33 Celcius (-25 Fahrenheit). The car was making all kinds of cracking noises on the inside. The clutch was stiffer too if you were in any gear for any length of time.
Pretty much the same here (clearly you're also in Canada), cold enough you're hoping they close down the city so you can just stay home...

Oh man! It's so hard to keep them clean right now. This thread is totally necessary. Sometimes I think I die a little every time i put my winter tires on. Then I just have to remember all the fun one can have in the ice and snow...FRONT WHEEL DRIFT!!! or as i like to call it Fast and Furious: Nova Scotian Drift.

Oh man! It's so hard to keep them clean right now. This thread is totally necessary. Sometimes I think I die a little every time i put my winter tires on. Then I just have to remember all the fun one can have in the ice and snow...FRONT WHEEL DRIFT!!! or as i like to call it Fast and Furious: Nova Scotian Drift.

NS huh? I'm originally from Halifax. The winters there weren't as cold as here in Ottawa but the wind was a killer. Salt is a huge problem there. On the roads and in the air.

Northeast members have a chance to shine in this thread over the next few days

Northeast members have a chance to shine in this thread over the next few days

Yup! Unfortunately. :/

First two are from Thursday in the work garage. She was very salty.

29I8OuJ.jpg

jLv1Yi1.jpg

This picture is from yesterday when it started snowing. It was around 1" so she's WAY more dirty/salty now. Just too lazy to go outside and take a picture..

zaxnFM6.jpg

View attachment 8556
That's a lot of snow in that 8th gen pic! Just took this yesterday.. One of the benefits of Southern California :) good to see people aren't afraid to get their cars dirty though, there supposed to be driven!

THAT is stink'n Gorgeous!
Hey I SEE some DIRT on your car!!! ...oh, wait ...ya, it's just my screen. There. All good now ...well except for your car - way too clean for this thread. Better put some mud on it, or at least a good dusting.

Back