Discuss dealership experiences in this forum

webby

Administrator
Admin
Toys For Tots
This section of 9thcivic will be used for talking about dealership experiences, test drives, model pricing and more.

If you're currently working on a deal, start a thread and post up your experience. Tell us about the car, your thoughts/concerns, and hopefully the forum can guide you to the best possible buying experience.

I purchased a 2012 Civic LX 5 speed manual in Lincoln NE for $17,500. The car drove amazing. The clutch shifted much better than the 2002 and 2008 Civics I have driven before. I can't wait to try out the new econo mode. The screen in the dashboard is awesome.

I purchased a 2012 Civic LX 5 speed manual in Lincoln NE for $17,500. The car drove amazing. The clutch shifted much better than the 2002 and 2008 Civics I have driven before. I can't wait to try out the new econo mode. The screen in the dashboard is awesome.

Hello and welcome to 9thcivic.com! :wavey: Congrats on the purchase of your new civic! Be sure to post up some pics. :thumb:

• Staff
welcome to the site! Please post pictures of your car.

So I stumbled on this site last night because I was interested in looking into purchasing a 2012 Civic EX vs. a 2011. The problem I had was the dealers "don't know anything" on the '12's yet (yeah right). First off, hat's off to this sight for posting 86 photos of the '12. You have made my decision to wait an easy one! Thank you! My only concern is that I can get the 2011 for literally $3,000 under window sticker price. Does anyone know what the sticker price on the 2012 EX will be and do you think dealers will negotiate a little on the price (not expecting a lot of room for negotiation)?

Welcome to the site. As for the 2012's, I'll have a sticker posted for an EX on Monday (unless disaster strikes). You'll be able to negotiate on pricing though. I've talked to a lot of people over the years, and it's not very uncommon for people to buy the civics at invoice or 100 dollars over invoice.

If you look at edmunds.com it has the 2011 Honda Civic LX sedan(1.8L 4-cyl. 5-speed Automatic) at $17,844 while the msrp is $19305 -
that's the price with destination.

It's showing people are buying it for ~ $17,200 - that's below invoice.

I don't know if they'll immediately sell below invoice on the 2012's, but that at least gives you an idea. You'll probably be able to go around 1200 or so dollars below sticker without much trouble.

I also should note that the auto industry isn't doing amazing, - and they're probably trying to push out the 8th generation civics. That's most likely why you're seeing stuff for under invoice right now on the 2011's.

just looked at the 2011 EX - sedan auto

$19,540 invoice with destination
$21,155 msrp with destination
people paying around 18,800 according to edmunds

$18,864

Yeah I def. want the 2012 and I don't expect to walk into the dealer and get the '12 for what the '11's are going for right now or that kind of discount. I just don't want to walk into the dealer and have them not budge $100 because it's a new generation but like you said, the auto industry is getting hammered right now. On a side note, your photos of the 2012 on the delivery truck kept me from going to the dealer tomorrow for the 2011. Great shots and thanks! You got a great site!

sorry for the delay - here is the EX , as well as the EX-L with leather.

Both 4dr Sedans, Automatic Transmission.

033_G.jpg

4_20_11_031.sized.jpg

The best advice I received about buying a car was from my Dad: Always remember that they need your business, you don't need theirs. Make 'em work hard for it!

Also, from my own experience, it's good to go to at least two dealers.

I just started working in sales at a Honda dealership in Phoenix. The market is purely supply and demand right now. Managers are willing to make deals just not as agressively as they used to. The managers job is to ask for all the money. The salespersons job should be to help you get a fair deal. You just have to find the right salesperson.

Do you guys have many on hand at your dealership?

I had a Honda dealership salesman near home tell me to get comfortable in a car, Infinity G37s then walk away never to return. At a Chevy dealership, I wanted to test drive a Camero? And they wanted me to put money down before letting me test drive.

Here's the deal though, where I live is one of the tech capitals with Microsoft and all the start ups in East side of Seattle. There is no way a sales person could tell rather or not someone could afford a car or not. We have Bentley, Lotus, BMW and other high end dealers along side Honda, Toyota and other specialty car location service providers.

Another Honda dealership couldn't locate the 4dr Si I wanted to test drive despite having made an appointment. I waited for about 30 minutes but I was on call and could not wait any longer.

I ended up driving 80+ miles North to pick up my Civic Si.

Back