Discuss dealership experiences in this forum

Just got a new quote from a different dealer. Again, this is on a trim they don't have in stock but have agreed to try and order in exchange for a $500 deposit.

Civic Si Sedan with Summer Tires in Dyno Blue Pearl.

MSRP: $23,375
Dealer Add-ons MSRP: $1,669
Total MSRP: $25,044

Quoted Price: $22,244.87
Sales Tax (6.25%): $1,390.30
Title, license, doc fees: $305.71
Total drive out: $23,940.88

One thing I don't understand is that even though they are ordering this car for me, they still insist on installing all the dealer accessories, even though I've said I don't need them AND they claim they're not charging me for any of them. I can see giving away the add-ons when trying to move a car that's on the lot and already has everything installed, but why would they install them on a car I've already agreed to buy without them?

Makes me suspect shenanigans. Otherwise this quote has me feeling cautiously optimistic.

so they're saying you get a 25k car for 22k+ tax? :shady:

did they get you pre approved for a 43% interest rate lol?

btw what accessories are they saying it's going to have?

Trunk tray, wheel locks, splash guards, window tint, paint sealer, fabric protector, and nitrogen.

Speaking of, is there any way to verify that there is actually nitrogen in your tires? What's to stop them from selling you air while claiming it's nitrogen?

never really thought about it - it'll have a green cap for your valve showing it's nitrogen.

Trunk tray, wheel locks, splash guards, window tint, paint sealer, fabric protector, and nitrogen.

Speaking of, is there any way to verify that there is actually nitrogen in your tires? What's to stop them from selling you air while claiming it's nitrogen?
Try releasing the tire pressure while breathing it in at the same time. If you pass out and die, it's nitrogen.
Actually, I've tried doing searches online but I'm not finding anything. I'm guessing you're just going to have to trust the dealer that they put it in there, but Webby's correct that they should give you green caps.

As for that price they quoted you, that's EXTREMELY low for a Si. I'm pretty sure they quoted you at or near the invoice price. The fact that they are throwing in free accessories, which I couldn't get my dealership to do even if I were sleeping with them, makes this suspect to me. Kudos if you land that deal with no hidden hitches. Good luck!

Just picked up my new Civic Si! I opted for one on the lot in PMM and the all seasons, rather than wait. I kept waiting for the hidden catch, but it never came. They just sold it it to me at invoice, threw in all the accessories for free, and even gave me more for my trade in than I was expecting. I'm so happy!

congrats on the new car.... what did your purchase price end up being - without sales tax? Go with the sedan?

Yep, sedan. Numbers on the other thread.

I'm surprised how sad I was to part with my old 2000 Civic LX sedan. I was sick of that car, and had been looking forward to upgrading for the past couple years, but when the time came it was hard to say goodbye. I guess that's bound to happen when you drive a car for 11 years.

:yeahthat: lot of memories after that many years

My dealer offers a lifetime powertrain warranty on every car sold (Warranty Forever through NWAN). Normally I wouldn't bother with any kind of extended warranty, especially thorough a third party, but it's free so there's no harm.

The only problem is that to keep the warranty in force, I have to change the oil at least every 7500 miles. I was planning to just follow the maintenance minder, but I was warned by several people at the dealership that if I do that, it might let me go 10,000 miles between oil changes, voiding the extended warranty that the dealer essentially paid for.

So I'm trying to decide whether it's worth it to keep the warranty in force even if it means more frequent oil changes than necessary. On the one hand I don't really care about having this extended warranty, but on the other hand 7500 mile oil change intervals is hardly onerous, is it?

so, I take it this warranty requires THEM to change the oil? Otherwise, how would they know if you changed it at 7500? If they let you do the changes, you could hit the reset meter at any point around 7500 and never change the oil. The computer has no clue what you've done. It's not like it samples the oil to tell if it's bad.

If it keeps your warranty on the car by doing it at 7500 at their shop, and it's not stupid expensive - have them change it, and keep your extended warranty.

Well I just signed all my lease docs and sent them back to the dealer. This may not be a Civic but I thought I'd share my experience anyway.

I just leased a 2012 TSX SE, Bellanova White Pearl, with the 6spd manual. My local dealers sucked and wouldn't work with me on the price, even though I had leased and purchased my '08 TSX from them, not to mention my wife has her RL served there too. Webby help me locate a dealer down in KS who happened to have one in stock. I shot them an email looking for their best price and they promptly came back with a sale price of $29420 (MSRP is $31695). No haggling, just their best price up front and I was very happy with that offered price. To top it off they were even able to get me $1000 owner loyalty cash from American Honda given my previous account history. So I basically got the car for $28420.

Zero down at delivery (except first payment) and I'm looking at $330 a month.

I fly down on 5/2 to pick her up. Sales person is even going to pick me up from the airport. ;)

Dealer:
Superior Acura (Hendrick Acura Overland Park)
Overland Park, KS 66204

Sale person:
Aris Mendoza

This is my first time purchasing a vehicle out of state and they have been very helpful and answered all of my questions clearly and promptly.

Dealer experience on scale of 1-10, 10 being best - Solid 10! :thumbsup:

Thanks to Webby for the help too. ;)

I'll post pics and a quick write up of the new car prep/detail after I pick her up next week.

Cheers,
Rasky

:wavey:welcome! Glad it worked out so well. And we need pics when you get it!!

You can always just come by a car from me and I will make it the most hassle free awesome experience of your life. But then again, you'd have to convert to Toyota, or hell Scion, I think I have a used 8th gen currently? :scratches:

friends and forum-family pricing on the new scion fr-s

Back