DIY DIY - JDM Badge Installation

AlienPrime

Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
Vehicle Model
Civic Si HFP
Body Style
2 door Coupe
Surprised i could not find a DIY on this as simple as it is. Please close this thread if i have been misinformed.

Parts:
Front badge
Rear Badge
Steering wheels badge
Key badges/covers

Shown DIY on Coupe
M24Jk.sized.jpg

KOfzS.sized.jpg

Once you've got the above posted you're ready to start.

Here is an EASY guide not to break your emblems
I took pictures along because i knew there was an easier way

<--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->
#1.
Run the fishing line 360 degrees around the front and back emblem to get all the glue off!
I started with the back! This is easier than anything!

Doing just like OP stated! Just gotta take off the license plate light. Once that's done, easy peasy to the next step
Here are the pins...

#2.
I used an exacto blade to pull down the above shown diskettes. Slide em down little by little. You can see below how to remove the license plate blub and cover
zgLp7.sized.jpg

EASY ACCESS!!
N3d3N.sized.jpg

LOOK MOM! No cracks, breaks, dents PRISTINE

Below you can see the empty back emblem place where the JDM emblem is put. I washed it with dish-soap to ensure the very best stick
ktBxq.sized.jpg

AFTER (SMILEY)
o3TPn.sized.jpg

#3.
Roll the car back now, till it hits your garage door LOL jk its just close! I rolled it by hand

Pop the hood open

nLjae.sized.jpg

Use one large ty-rap or two small ones like i did and hold the hood opener to the right. You will need the best access to this hole

Hole pictured below.. you can see the back of the emblem
Ou68S.sized.jpg

You will have to break the pins on this one as its too tight to get into it :(
I used a screwdriver to push the pin down. The pin fell down onto the top of the crash-bar. From there you can pick it out
CGaYv.sized.jpg

Turn the emblem 90 degrees to the right and because it has a little bit of give, move it back and forth and back and forth until it breaks (like a piece of wire you bend back and forth til the metal is weakened)
IY1h9.sized.jpg

YAY its off! Clean!
mCLfR.sized.jpg

<------------------------------------------END------------------------------------------>

NOW THE AFTER PICS :D

Pretty well no gaps :) I'm happy! great new supplier! :D

i4czS.sized.jpg

6ojAr.sized.jpg

FOR THOSE OF YOU INTERESTED, YOU CAN GET THIS EXACT SAME QUALITY KIT BELOW
HE SELLS FOR BOTH SEDAN AND COUPE MODELS, PERFECT FITMENT!

ExoPart:
Exoparts@gmail.com

Last edited:
Not that I have figured out. I could swear at one point in time I thought it was adjustable by grabbing an edge, but I have not been able to replicate it.

Not that I have figured out. I could swear at one point in time I thought it was adjustable by grabbing an edge, but I have not been able to replicate it.
alright great! Unforunetely i don't even have the ability to modify the post... so i can re-upload them and/or remove the smilies :(

alright great! Unforunetely i don't even have the ability to modify the post... so i can re-upload them and/or remove the 9thGC smilies :(

Message the mods and they will make the requested changes for you. They are usually quick to respond and more than happy to help.

I've updated the pics and hosted them here. We back up all the diy's so that the pics don't go down from a 3rd party image host. :thumbsup:

Hi,

I'm planning on getting a 2013 Si Sedan early next month(car arrival time dealer gave me, hope they are not lying:pray: ).
Do you guys know if the front and back emblem will fit the 2013 or the size will be different? :confused:
If the '13 have the same size as the '12, I'll go ahead and buy the emblems on the provided ebay link. Thanks!

The 2013 si sedan grill is different from the 2012. So, until it's measured, it'll be hard to tell.

Great DIY AP! I used yours a while ago and everything went smoooooooooth.

Last edited:
Mine are good so far at about 8 months. They've gone through some extreme heat in the summer and some really cold, crappy days in the winter. So far so good.

Back