Does anyone have experience with OBDII readers on their Honda?

I didn't even know such a thing existed until I saw it on the rev hang thread. Took me awhile to find something even close to Spider's $11 but I ended up ordering a BAFX Products scan tool (for Android) from Amazon for $23.99 that should arrive this weekend. The product description says it works with the Torque app: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005NLQAHS/ref=oh_details_o02_s01_i00

I'll post an update after it arrives and I get a chance to play with it.

My $24 reader showed up on Friday. Add $4.95 for the Torque app and I'm into this for $30. I haven't spent much time with it--and I don't want to do a Torque write-up since I'm sure those are already available on YouTube--but here are some screen shots and general impressions:

1. The OBD II reader I bought gets pretty warm pretty quickly. Don't know if that's going to be a problem long-term, but it gets warm to the touch almost immediately.
2. The reader came with a mini-CD with four different apps on it. I didn't bother with any of them because they're all showing file dates of either 2006 or 2009 and, in at least one case, looked like a demo version based on the file name. (So buying an app to interact with it is probably a given.)
3. The Torque app has some "fun" things like timing you through the 1/8 and 1/4 mile, as well as sensors that tie into the phone's accelerometer for detecting pitch, roll, acceleration, etc. but it's mostly for showing ECU status. Tons of stuff. Probably 3 dozen sensors supported by the Si ECU.
4. Re: the SW Rev Hang question that started me down this path. My screen shots clearly show the -A030 ECU version in my Si, as well as the fact that the ECU is not reporting any faults.

Bottom line? I don't know that I'm going to drive around with this every day logging my status but it was easily worth the $30 I sunk into it.

ECU ID, Available Sensors.JPGSensors (1 of 5).JPGSensors (2 of 5).JPGSensors (3 of 5).JPG

random question... i plugged the OBDII reader off amazon on, it connects to torque just fine through bluetooth, but i can't seem to find anywhere in the app that tells me what my ECU firmware version is

random question... i plugged the OBDII reader off amazon on, it connects to torque just fine through bluetooth, but i can't seem to find anywhere in the app that tells me what my ECU firmware version is

I have the paid version. I don't think the free had it.

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk

hmm... where is it on the interface my man?

From the main screen, scroll around to the "Adapter Status" icon. That will take you to the info in my first screen shot up above--the one that shows the -A030 under the Calibration ID. (I'm assuming that's it, anyway.)

I'm using the paid version, too. I didn't bother with the free version so I don't know if it's available there or not.

Back