Does your Si burn oil?

Does your Si burn oil?

• Yes

Votes: 44 54.3%
  • No

Votes: 37 45.7%

• Total voters
I don't see many replies from Canadians here. I'm in the Toronto area, VIN is ...H100591; different factory entirely. I first got a low oil warning at 3400km back in March, filled it up, got another one at 4600km in April, filled it again then got another warning at 7200km in August at which point I decided to take it in. My dealer started an oil consumption test which concluded this week when I started getting low warnings again at 10100km. They have the parts in and I'll be getting them replaced next week. If I remember, I'll try to post an update here around 13-14k.

I was charged for the first oil change with the beginning of the test, but the subsequent one and the parts replacement are under warranty. I've had no problems with my dealer, they've been quick and cordial.

As far as I know all Si's are built at Honda Canada in Alliston.

Yes the factory in Indana makes the civic 4dr and the ILX. Honda of Canada makes all the 2dr civics, 4dr civics lx/dx/ex/ex-l/touring and Si, CRV, MDX, and ZDX.

I think the all if the engines are built in the US and shipped to Canada for assembly for the Civics built here. Maybe it was a certain batch of motors?

I've been checking mine often and no oil has ever been missing. Knock wood....

I think the all if the engines are built in the US and shipped to Canada for assembly for the Civics built here. Maybe it was a certain batch of motors?

I've been checking mine often and no oil has ever been missing. Knock wood....
gotta go and check the form and see if ur vin is matches

Well mine burnt lots of oil only had 6k miles was number Vin #619 they wouldn't budge on fixing it so I was force to buy a new one... 2013 lost about 5k unfortunately

I work at a dealership in Canada. So far we have replaced the pistons etc. on almost all of the coupes we have put out. The 2 sedan's we have out (mine and one other) are the only ones that have not been affected. Mind you this is just personal experience at one dealership. I would say it would have to be 10 si coupes have come in for the replacement and 0 sedans. Maybe we just got lucky on the VIN's?

My sedan is fine and I'm in Ontario, got my car right from the plant as I work there. Most people that I work with who have Si's have oil consumption issues.

Last edited:
My sedan did not consume any oil in 5k yet. I am outside the posted VIN range. I said it before and some centralized data about this would be great, but I doubt it will see the light of day :)

I am over 23,000 Kms and am still going by the maintenance minder system, I have had my car for about a year and a half now (just to provide a timeline)

After a year, 12,000 miles/2 oil changes she still hasn't used a drop..I've been driving the hell out of her lately too.

Ya I got screwed either keeping a car that burned oil and they were not doing anything about or buy a new one and suck the loss.

Just put it this way once I get that phone call asking for rating 1-5 they get a 1 in all categories

Back