Does your Si burn oil?

Does your Si burn oil?

• Yes

Votes: 44 54.3%
  • No

Votes: 37 45.7%

• Total voters
Im not so sure when anymore but webby can you find out since I think I started the question. Its been doing it since my first oil change I now have almost 16,000 miles on the car and it barely stopped not that long ago. California

im Going to say at 1000 miles i got it and any time i had a sharp turn to make it'd flash the check oil light and go away... at 1050 i went in to have it checked out cause it would be an all the time thing it was a quart and then some under
When making a sharp turn is when it seems to have the problem also Ive noticed. Hint for those who dont check their oil levels.

I think them trying to enhance the engine mpg wise n switching to 0w20 might be the issue. The oil prolly cant take the stress the Si exerts on it. They shouLd've just stuck to 5w30 I think it was in the past n just switched the ex n lx to the "green" oil.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - freddi >_<

I think them trying to enhance the engine mpg wise n switching to 0w20 might be the issue. The oil prolly cant take the stress the Si exerts on it. They shouLd've just stuck to 5w30 I think it was in the past n just switched the ex n lx to the "green" oil.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - freddi >_<
in my 06 accord i used the si oil in ti because it was buring through the 5w20 it helped but only a little bit

My Si just hit 5000 miles, I changed my oil just before 1000 and I didn't reset the meter. The oil reminder just went off and I haven't seen any loss, I check it regularly and I'm gonna do an oil change this weekend. I think Freddiii has a very strong point with the viscosity difference.

Still on the factory fill. I'm at 40% oil life with 3690 miles. Hasn't consumed a drop. I checked it about an hour ago and I check it very regularly due to others having the consumption issue, more often than any car I've owned! Probably pampered it more than I should have during the first 2000 miles or so but it does not consume any.

So we're you not in vtec much for those first 2k miles?

I burned a quart and a half in 1200 miles along with intermitten check engine light flickering and loss of power and honda is now replacing my pistons and rings. My car is in the shop now and should have it this week. The pistons and rings they are replacing them with are different than what came from factory. I will get the part number when I pick up my car.

Bought it May 8 2012 and I only have 1600 miles on it, 80% oil life left and 29.4 mpg city. I dont beat on it, vtec once in a while. Just got bad pistons and rings.

Bought it May 8 2012 and I only have 1600 miles on it, 80% oil life left and 29.4 mpg city. I dont beat on it, vtec once in a while. Just got bad pistons and rings.
check your oil level on the dip stick and see what your oil level is at....

did they do an oil consumption test on your car, or just immediately started replacing the rings/pistons? Care to share what dealership, and where you're located?

Im in western, mass. They did the oil consumtion test. 1 1/2 quart in 1200 miles. It was using oil fast and my check engine light was flickering and the car felt like it was misfiring, sputtery as well as losing power. The honda service manager called honda and called me a day later and said they need my car. Honda just put out a service bulletin about cars that are consuming to much oil and that they may need the pistons and rings replaced. Vtec once or twice a week and I shift before the red anyway at about 6 grand.

My Si experience is like skyfox23
First checked at about 1,000 miles and it was about 1/4 qt. low.
Checked yesterday at 2,698 and it was the same.
I'm babying Mr. Blue and averaging 31.48 mpg (80% around town). Computer is showing 33.2 (about 5.5% high).
The 2 short (200 - 300 mile) road trips are right at 35 mpg actual but in both cases there were 3 or 5 people in the car.
Can't wait to do a road trip with just the 2 of us.
Like all newer cars, cold ambient temperature seems to have about a 10% effect.

Webby - Suggest appending members State. Providence, or region to icons so we can get a better feel for how member inputs relate to our area.

Well finally changed factory fill, ended up at 5447 miles and 20% on MM. Ended up half quart low on factory fill, and never added any oil to it as it was smack dab in the middle of the dots. Went with 0/20 Honda Ultimate Full synthetic. Stupid Honda dealership over filled the oil a little bit too, I tried to explain to them it takes 4.5 quarts with filter per owners manual but somehow they got the full 5 quarts in that I bought. If Honda corporate calls me with one of those stupid surveys where you have to answer excellent to ALL questions asked I'm gonna slice and f***ing dice the **** out of my local dealership, dipshits should know better than to argue with a customer, especially one that has OCD and has read the owners manual, f***ing idiots!!!!!!!!!!! I swear hate SOME dealerships!!!!!!!

:( they should know how much oil the car takes...Did you end up draining some oil?

Back