Does your Si burn oil?

Does your Si burn oil?

• Yes

Votes: 44 54.3%
  • No

Votes: 37 45.7%

• Total voters
Sorry fellas...I was just trying to understand what Honda was replacing. Hope it resolves the consumption issue WhiteFG4.

You and me both :) my main concern is, that since I have a high flow cat/downpipe and exhaust, that if anything else goes wrong after this they are gonna tell me I voided my warranty. Hopefully not though. Eagerly anticipating getting my car back today :)

You and me both :) my main concern is, that since I have a high flow cat/downpipe and exhaust, that if anything else goes wrong after this they are gonna tell me I voided my warranty. Hopefully not though. Eagerly anticipating getting my car back today :)
The only thing those mod's will effect is the gas consumption not the oil............ but I know what you mean, any excuse to void....... although they didn't do it this time.

Got the car back today. Drives well, no issues right off the bat. Here is a couple photos of my paperwork.

BB63901A-ACFB-43FC-BBAF-59F748C3D130-2892-0000043F5419CF12.jpg

Maybe it was the wheels being out of alignment that was causing the car to consume oil.

Haha lol. I know when full race installed the downpipe they had to get it aligned after, I think it's because the front sway bar had to be removed so it causes the alignment to be off. Something like that.

I was a little surprised to see that I got 5w-20 oil, not 0w-20 like it originally had. And that it shows 3 piston rings being replaced, 4 pistons being replaced. Why weren't all 4 rings replaced? I'm pretty sure they were, they just mistyped on the receipt??

the 1st page lists 4 as the quantity of pistons/rings. Guessing they just typed the 2nd page incorrectly. Maybe the same can be said for the oil change info.

were you able to ask about the acura part #'s?

My Si experience is like skyfox23
First checked at about 1,000 miles and it was about 1/4 qt. low.
Checked yesterday at 2,698 and it was the same.
I'm babying Mr. Blue and averaging 31.48 mpg (80% around town). Computer is showing 33.2 (about 5.5% high).
The 2 short (200 - 300 mile) road trips are right at 35 mpg actual but in both cases there were 3 or 5 people in the car.
Can't wait to do a road trip with just the 2 of us.
Like all newer cars, cold ambient temperature seems to have about a 10% effect.

Webby - Suggest appending members State. Providence, or region to icons so we can get a better feel for how member inputs relate to our area.

We're now at 4,500 miles and have burned another 1/4 quart (total 1/2 qt. low) overall mileage is up to 32.1 (Computer is showing 33.9, 5.7% hi)
We're run 2 tanks (all 87 octane, since new) since getting the rev ...50 update - mileage is continuing to go up.

We're now at 4,500 miles and have burned another 1/4 quart (total 1/2 qt. low) overall mileage is up to 32.1 (Computer is showing 33.9, 5.7% hi)
We're run 2 tanks (all 87 octane, since new) since getting the rev ...50 update - mileage is continuing to go up.

So you've consumed 1/2 qt in the whole 4500 miles? Or is this an update from a previous mileage? If that's all you've gone through that's not bad.

And out of curiosity why do you run 87 octane in your car?

So you've consumed 1/2 qt in the whole 4500 miles? Or is this an update from a previous mileage? If that's all you've gone through that's not bad.

And out of curiosity why do you run 87 octane in your car?

This was my original entry from Jun 21st:

"First checked at about 1,000 miles and it was about 1/4 qt. low.
Checked yesterday at 2,698 and it was the same.
I'm babying Mr. Blue and averaging 31.48 mpg (80% around town). Computer is showing 33.2 (about 5.5% high).
The 2 short (200 - 300 mile) road trips are right at 35 mpg actual but in both cases there were 3 or 5 people in the car.
Can't wait to do a road trip with just the 2 of us.
Like all newer cars, cold ambient temperature seems to have about a 10% effect."
When I checked yesterday it was 1/2 quart low - so I've used 1/2 quart in 4500 miles.
The way we drive, the car seems to run fine on 87 octane; mpg is now up to 32.1 mpg (over 4500 miles). Will certainly try 89 & 91 to see if there's a difference.

So since I am slightly concerned with this I started to check my oil and will do it weekly :)

At the moment at 600 Kms I have oil up to the bottom of the second circle with the car cold and not driven for few hours which means few mins after parking it should be higher which sounds like the perfect level for the moment. I do hope I will have no major oil consumption or none at all but either way I will post my experience.

Even if it does happen to burn oil I will first wait few thousand kms to see if it stops and then after all I have warranty and extended warranty for it. If this is the only problem I will have with it I will not be that bad. I am used to the Japanese reliability and I hope it will come through this time again :)

One thing I have to say for others that may be stressed about this and they do not have it, yet or never, is that when problems occurs and get reported it is mostly the people with problems that write about it, the happy users tend to focus on the more fun topics. If the car happens to be a lemon, and very few Hondas tend to, fix it under warranty after few years or sooner, trade it in and upgrade or get the new Si for the year or some other fun little rocket.

View attachment 2755View attachment 2755

UPDATE>>>>>
2012 Civic Si @ 3351 miles

This morning I went to DCH Academy Honda, I inquire and explained to them what's going on to my Civic Si. When the mechanic called me, he asked me question what did I do and use in the car and I answered the way i explained on the top. After, all the explanation I did, he show me this article from a file they have dated August 2008 pg. 4 of 8 (see copy attached). The attachment speak for its self and I am an awake if this kind. Because, no one have told or explained me on this matter. I feel bad and idiot :pout: sorry to my Civic Si for what i did, but even thought i'm losing oil already at the time of my 1st oil change....

Then, he told me one (1) quart per 1000 miles is the tolerable oil consumption, which means that is normal per Honda. So, we come up to a conclusion. We have to do the Oil Consumption Test. Off-course, I try to negotiate that i don't have to pay the new oil change and filter they have to put. I even told them I have extra oil filter from honda that i bought 2 months ago and oil as well (Mobile1 0w20). But, I fail spending my $50 for the Test.

Now, I have to drive 1000 miles and go back for follow-up test. I hope i went spend anymore and I hope for the best on my Civic Si.

Do you think guys I did wrong on any part?

webby
Do you think we should start a thread regarding my attachment article? so, it won't happen to another's what happen to me?

update>>>>>> 2012 honda civic si crystal black.....5400miles.....

its official for every 2000 miles i have to add 3/4 qts. i spoke to dch honda (oldbridge) and open road honda(edison) both service manager told me they cant do any repair or inspection. because my car is with-in the parameter of 1qtr/1miles......

well last thing to do is complain on honda customer care site. at-least my car got an update on my computer (kool) but my mpg now is 25.5mpg for 2000miles (city & highway) i feel my mpg meter is not accurate any more.

the funny part!!!!! after 8 months of driving my 1st honda civic i feel trading it (cars without this kind of issues). sad part is my 1st honda..........now i miss my toyota's here and back home (philippines)........

even thought, im still positive (help is coming).............

Do you ever calculate your actual mileage at the pump? Fill it up completely, and reset your trip meter. Next time you fill up, fill it up completely. Look at the gallons pumped. If it says 10 gallons, and your trip meter says you drove 200 miles, you got 20mpg. That is the "real" mpg. The computer reading is not going to be 100%.

Do you ever calculate your actual mileage at the pump? Fill it up completely, and reset your trip meter. Next time you fill up, fill it up completely. Look at the gallons pumped. If it says 10 gallons, and your trip meter says you drove 200 miles, you got 20mpg. That is the "real" mpg. The computer reading is not going to be 100%.

thank i will try that.....

its funny webby, with this car at my age my younger co-workers wants to race me!!!!! 2003 wrx, 2009 sti, n 2011 genesis coupe.............

Back