DIY Door Piping

AlienPrime

Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
Vehicle Model
Civic Si HFP
Body Style
2 door Coupe
Hey guys, this is a super super simple DIY but imma toss it up anyways :)

It comes in a roll of any specified meters you'd like

DjOEj.sized.jpg

this is the spool

70LFX.sized.jpg

Drivers door

You can also put it in other locations as seen below on a sedan Si
SIhqv.jpg

You can find these sold here :)
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/RED-VINYL-PV...590?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item53e8fc4d7e
(this guy actually grabbed an si pic too. might be able to find em cheaper just search vinyl piping :))

Many colors available as well! Pauly99to17 has got them in blue! :D Check out his build thread to see :)
http://9thcivic.com/forum/threads/paulys-youre-my-boy-blue.6598/

It's tight enough that it might not go in,I've tried twice.I'm going to try prying the edge out a little and see if that works.

corey99699
Get the trim tool from college hills Honda....costs about 8 bucks. It's basically a very strong, fine tip, (but rounded so not to cut) tool to help you pry between the 2 pieces of plastic. I was able to find a similar tool in the cutlery drawer. (teaspoon measurer). I used 1 to pry plastic open and 2nd an inch or so away from the first to keep a little space. Even with the tools, you have to be patient. The pipping is tight and takes a bit of work to get in properly.
trim 1.jpgtrim 2.jpgtrim 3.jpgtrim 5.jpg

Last edited:
The only thing that bothered me was when you cut the end it looks a bit square and there is a small hole at the end in the oval part. This needs to have something the same color put inside. I will post pics of what I mean tonight.

The only thing that bothered me was when you cut the end it looks a bit square and there is a small hole at the end in the oval part. This needs to have something the same color put inside. I will post pics of what I mean tonight.

Yeah I agree. I tried a few different cuts to finish the end but I never was satisfied.

Back