Douglas's 2014 Civic LX

Douglas11708

Gainesivlle, GA
Vehicle Model
Civic LX
Body Style
Sedan
Hello everyone! I am new to the car scene. I just recently got a car worth modding so I have been putting a lot of my time and money towards this car.

This is a picture of the car the day I drove it off the lot.Iphone 219.JPG

The first thing I had done was tint the windows. 35% all around.
Iphone 380.JPG
I then ordered LEDs to replace the lights inside,trunk and license plates lights,HID's , a cold air intake, and a cat-back exhuast to install. I also picked up paint from local shops.
Iphone 424.JPG Removed headlights and tail lights to tint
Iphone 426.JPG Debadged and painted emblems
Iphone 427.JPG The inbetween stage of tinting the lights. Spraying and sanding.Iphone 430.JPG
Iphone 433.JPG Everything back on and together the next night.
Iphone 439.JPG
Iphone 462.JPG Got in Eibach Pro Kit springs to lower it.
Iphone 459.JPG

Welcome!

Looks like you went about it the right way......... Just save some money so you can drive it on a trip this summer........ :D

This is right after the springs were installed.Iphone 468.JPG I then bought rims. 18" Drifz, with 225/40/18 tires.
Iphone 472.JPG I painted the muffler part of the Cat-exhuast to go with my color scheme.
Iphone 482.JPG I removed the side mirror covers and painted them as well.
Iphone 509.JPG This is what it looked like after I put them back on.
Iphone 510.JPG I bought vinyl and then installed that soon after as well.
Iphone 511.JPG I went a got a 6" 5% strip on my windshield
Iphone 520.JPG A small lip spoiler was next, which I painted and installed.
Iphone 540.JPG The last things I have done as of today are to add my own logo and Twitch name since I stream games.
Iphone 566.JPG
Iphone 570.JPG
I still have more I plan on doing and will post them to this thread once I have done those things as well.

Welcome!

Looks like you went about it the right way......... Just save some money so you can drive it on a trip this summer........ :D
lol Yes, I know what you mean, I don't take many trips out of town due to work, but one day, I will

Welcome, that's quite a change. Very sinister looking.

Gainesville eh? You're close to Helen/Dalonega. There is some great driving through there. Blood mountain outside of Helen running up to Vogel state park is a blast.

You're new to the car scene? Would never have guessed. Great job. I like what you have done, especially the rear end. :eyebrows:
Curious: What kind of paint on the muffler? I will guess BBQ paint. ?

Something to think about: black splash guards and a black front lip. ?

Looks good! Cool effect with he HIDs in the tinted headlights! What's next in your list?
Thanks , I plan on painting the calipers white and adding a civic sticker on them, I just ordered some spacers to make the wheels flush with the body, add a few more stickers , work on the interior a little bit , all I've done on the inside was install a pioneer touchscreen and add 2 -10" rockfords fosgates subs, then work on the performance some

How's the light output with the tinted headlights?
It isn't too bad , I'd suggest going with bright HIDs in you plan to do so, I have 8000k , stock headlights didn't shine through much making it hard to see, luckily I live in the city where there is plenty of light so it wasn't much of an issue

Welcome, that's quite a change. Very sinister looking.

Gainesville eh? You're close to Helen/Dalonega. There is some great driving through there. Blood mountain outside of Helen running up to Vogel state park is a blast.
Yes that's right , Helens about an hour away if I'm not mistaken. Although I'm not originally from here , I was born and raised in the Statesboro/Metter area of Georgia

You're new to the car scene? Would never have guessed. Great job. I like what you have done, especially the rear end. :eyebrows:
Curious: What kind of paint on the muffler? I will guess BBQ paint. ?

Something to think about: black splash guards and a black front lip. ?
Yes , I am. I've always wanted to mod a car so I had an idea of what I wanted to go for and I've learned a lot by doing this car , and I still have more I want to do , so I think I'll be busy quite a while with this car. I forgot the name of the paint but I used 2 different kinds , one for a base coat then a gloss black for the final.

I've never seen anyone paint the muffler before. Are you worried about the paint getting too hot and peeling etc. ?
I haven't had any problem , just let it sit a few days and it was good to go , the only thing that messed it up was when I needed to get it twisted due to rattling , the people at the shop stratched my paint job lol other than that it worked great just need to cover up that one spot again

Back