downpipe with stock exhaust

DiogoDC

woodbridge
Vehicle Model
si
Body Style
sedan
ive been debating with the idea of getting an exhaust again and i really cant do it
not a fan of louder cars and i like my car nice and quiet its just the way i like it
i have the q300 for about a week and it wasnt my thing and its considered one of the more quiet ones out there

my question is what is everyone running on their cars with STOCK exhaust rv6 seems like the only option since its the factory 2.5 inch piping size but ive read pretty negative things also VIT says its garbage so no thanks

options?

reason why im asking is because it seems sort of stupid to run a 3 inch downpipe to a 2.5 inch exhaust its like hitting a wall with the diameter difference being half an inch

I've got the UR 3" downpipe with cat and the stock exhaust, sounds fine to me at idle. Can't really hear anything else over the supercharger the rest of the time though. I can't see it not helping based off removing at least 1 cat, and the shape of the downpipe. The stock pipe has a 90degree bend in it.

I wonder how the car would sound with stock exhaust and Full Race DP as well. Also curious about gains too.

I wonder how the car would sound with stock exhaust and Full Race DP as well. Also curious about gains too.

Should be about the same sound and negligible difference in power...if at all.

I
Am about to buy a Full-Race down pipe and exhaust. I will make a video of the stock DP/EX and then Just the Full-Race Downpipe With stock exhaust and then put the full race exhaust on. And make some videos of each with some in car and out of car drive by. While cruising and some WoT pulls.

Last edited:
I'll let you know how my car sounds after I install my UR downpipe it's catless... So I'll let you know

I'll let you know how my car sounds after I install my UR downpipe it's catless... So I'll let you know
Make sure you tag me in it. I would like the hear how yours sound's vs the FR. Do you have any other mods

Make sure you tag me in it. I would like the hear how yours sound's vs the FR. Do you have any other mods
Not on everything's on order just flashpro and a mount installed so far. I know my downpipe is coming in before my intake so that'll be the clip

That's awesome let me know if skunk2 has nice gains to stock, I'm getting prl :o

well I'm not going cai I'm doing the prl Sri
That's what I kinda wish I did. It was a pain for the Skunk2 and the battery relocate bracket was not well placed me negative terminal is smashed up against the fire wall. And i did not like the fact of cutting my brand new MAF

That's what I kinda wish I did. It was a pain for the Skunk2 and the battery relocate bracket was not well placed me negative terminal is smashed up against the fire wall. And i did not like the fact of cutting my brand new MAF
It's not too late

On my 2012 I used to own. I had the Takada and i couldn't tell any deference in it. Other than the VTEC crossover sounds nice

Yeah I have be contemplating on just buying the CAI one the last few months and there is a better power gains from the PRL
from vits dyno when he did the test for the rbc mani they used the prl Sri and he got a big gain on the low end side with the stock manifold and small gain top end

from vits dyno when he did the test for the rbc mani they used the prl Sri and he got a big gain on the low end side with the stock manifold and small gain top end
Yeah I noticed that. That's what made me want that one now.

Back