Dragon Spring Mini meet

anybody have room on the floor or wanna split a room with a dragon n00b? i'm thinking about making it up to the dragon for the first time if i can find a place to stay. i'll be heading out of the concord/charlotte area, so if anyone is caravaning and don't mind me tagging along, i'd love to come along. just don't leave my slow r18 behind.

Get some practice for the big meet in September, when I'll be there haha.

Or breakfast @ Robbinsville after an early morning run?
Either way im good!

Please someone leave the door unlock b4 u guys go to bed

Looking forward to seeing u Ron
Either the door open or the second key at the desk.

I admire your dedication. I tend to jinks myself with dragon meets so I'm not gonna say... but this Mexican will see what he can do!

If I go on record and say I'm going, it's harder for me to back out, and that way I avoid the torment from the rest of the NC Crew. :hiding: :escaper:

I need practice.
I always need more practice. I never feel like I really get better because I don't know the lay of the land that well, and I'm always following others.

Last edited:
If I go on record and say I'm going, it's harder for me to back out, and that way I avoid the torment from the rest of the NC Crew. :hiding: :escaper:

I always need more practice. I never feel like I really get better because I don't know the lay of the land that well, and I'm always following others.
I have led a few times and that can be scary at night.

I have led a few times and that can be scary at night.

I refuse to do a night run because my night vision is terrible. If I had quadruple the aftermarket lighting Killboy's running...I MIGHT consider it. Even if a person had all that lighting though, there's not much you can do out of a blind hairpin if a deer or bear are in your way. Better safe than screwed.

Last edited:
I love night runs, but I don't like them as much in big groups. Two or three cars is fun but bigger than that and it's too many. It's hard to organize a group by speed, so people end up being in the back that should have been up front and vice versa. However, you put me in front and I'll go as fast as I feel comfortable. I can't guarantee that will be fast enough for you, but I'll be going at MY limit (not the cars :thumb:)

I'll be getting up there Saturday. Since most people won't get there till Sunday, I'll probably use some of Saturday to study. But believe me, studying will be taking a backseat to driving. I've got an accounting test Monday 18th so I'm getting most of my prep done before I leave.

I have better tires this time. I can lead at any time, if no one else wants to. I don't make smokescreens either.

Robbisville is having snow today and tomorrow, but it looks to be warming up for the next weekend.

Back