Driver side drl/high beam issue

fritz

atlantic city, nj
Vehicle Model
civic si
Body Style
coupe
So I installed plug and play headlights and had an issue with the driver side drl/high beam. Long story short I first made sure I was getting current to the plug and my tester showed it was good so then I pulled the bulb and discovered a broken weld on the bulb causing it to lose connection when the car vibrates. So I got a new bulb and installed it and it still didnt work. New bulb is 100w not 55w first off so I messed up there, but now there is no current coming out of the factory side of the wiring harness as well. I checked fuses in the engine compartment for hi/lo beams (I believe they were 2 and 5 or something) and I checked the fuse inside (21).
Does anyone with some more knowledge than me might have an idea of my issue?

Easiest way is to swap the bulb of the opposing side in your case since it works. And rule out the issue then. I know its a simple solution but its effective :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Does your hid wire harness have 2 fuses/2 relays? Some do, and some do not. You could have a bad relay/fuse on that harness.

Easiest way is to swap the bulb of the opposing side in your case since it works. And rule out the issue then. I know its a simple solution but its effective :)
Ill def try that thanks

Does your hid wire harness have 2 fuses/2 relays? Some do, and some do not. You could have a bad relay/fuse on that harness.
I'm still waiting for my HIDs to come in. And they are for the low beams. This is the bulbs and harness that came with the pro design halo headlights. The bulbs are h1 55w.

Eureka!!! Alright so there are two 10amp fuses in the engine compartment for the left and right headlight low beams #'s 4 & 6, there is also a daytime running lights 7.5amp fuse #21 found in the interior fuse box. Also there is left and right high beam 10 amp fuses #'s 38 & 39 located in the interior fuse box. My issue was a blown high beam fuse and it had to be from too high a wattage bulb I mistakenly put in there.
I hope no one else has these issues but now we know right where to start looking when we have headlight issues other than burnt bulbs. It's the small things in life that keep me happy lol!

Glad you found the solution and it was an easy fix.
I was worried yesterday when I wasn't getting no current out of the cars wiring harness and I thought I checked every fuse. Luckily i didn't and found the right one. A tip to anyone else make sure your using the right watt bulb! Lmao!!!!

Hey guys,

My driver's side DRL/highbeam is out. I tried fuse swapping and bulb swapping. The bulbs and the fuses are in good shape. I cant seem to find the culprit. The passenger side DRL works fine.

Please note i have a TRS morimoto retrofit done also. I had it for few months, the drl just stopped working.

Hope someone can help.

Hey guys,

My driver's side DRL/highbeam is out. I tried fuse swapping and bulb swapping. The bulbs and the fuses are in good shape. I cant seem to find the culprit. The passenger side DRL works fine.

Please note i have a TRS morimoto retrofit done also. I had it for few months, the drl just stopped working.

Hope someone can help.
Are your high beams connected to the TRS wire harness at all? Do you have your hid projectors hooked up to use the halogen high beams at the same time as your hid high beams? Knowing how you wired it would help.

Hey staff, thanks for the reply. Turns out that it had a lose connection. Solved the problem. Thanks again.

Back