Driving With Traction Control Off

The funny thing is other hondas dont come after me if they see me its always gti ,turboed mazdas, bmw's and TC's for some aparent reason lol
other honda lovers catch up and give me the :thumbsup: and cruis with me till i have to make a turn then honk goodbye lol
I think MS3 and GTIs are worthy adversaries, german cars unless the top models with bigger engines they're actually more looks than performance. 32x beamers cannot keep up, if they're automatic they should just be polite enough and not even try :)

I agree ......consisering the first two are around the same hp it just comes down to who hits those gears better at that moment of extasy lol

I agree ......consisering the first two are around the same hp it just comes down to who hits those gears better at that moment of extasy lol
In addition some of the bigger german cars have way more impressive HP and torque but proportional to their weight they are actually slower.

yup at launch we can have the jump on them to about mid but mid to top end thats their time to shine and by then i already made the turn or i passed the light already and they got stuck on RED LMAO !!! :dancing1:

Another one that I'd like is that the license plates have our cell phone numbers, then we could call and tell them to move the f over. :turbobananapoke:

Well, they are working on a technology that actually let cars talk between each other during driving. When cars finally drive themselves might have car to car texting.. lol

Well, they are working on a technology that actually let cars talk between each other during driving. When cars finally drive themselves might have car to car texting.. lol
That kind of automation I dread.

I was in a situation the other day where I forgot to turn off the traction control when I went for lunch. Stopped near the top of a hill, at an intersecting street. ( stop sign ) Let out the clutch and about 1/2 rotation of the tires, the traction control cut fuel and timing, snuffed the motor. I had to restart the car, and by this time there was a car coming, I turned off traction control and waited for the oncoming car to go past before pulling out.

I have been driving standards since I learned to drive on one at 14, so it's not 'driver error'.

Today I saw a video where using cruise control in hydroplaning conditions can have very dangerous effects since the CC tends to keep on revving when the wheels loose traction. All these "aids" are a double edged sword. There is a balance that needs to be kept too much help can be detrimental. Too bad some of these thin like TC start to be mandated by law. As many of us said good thing we can take TC off. I dread the day when only automatics will be produced, did not see any manual electric cars...

I was in a situation the other day where I forgot to turn off the traction control when I went for lunch. Stopped near the top of a hill, at an intersecting street. ( stop sign ) Let out the clutch and about 1/2 rotation of the tires, the traction control cut fuel and timing, snuffed the motor. I had to restart the car, and by this time there was a car coming, I turned off traction control and waited for the oncoming car to go past before pulling out.

I have been driving standards since I learned to drive on one at 14, so it's not 'driver error'.
Good thing nothing bad came from it......... Just more for us to have to think about.... Use this or that or not.........

Today I saw a video where using cruise control in hydroplaning conditions can have very dangerous effects since the CC tends to keep on revving when the wheels loose traction. All these "aids" are a double edged sword. There is a balance that needs to be kept too much help can be detrimental. Too bad some of these thin like TC start to be mandated by law. As many of us said good thing we can take TC off. I dread the day when only automatics will be produced, did not see any manual electric cars...
Not having CC before , I did read something about what you were saying..... good to know, thx.

That kind of automation I dread.
Well, here's a news flash from NBC News today, "feds want to put Black boxes in cars" ....... For ppl that don't know what that is it's a data saver that can be read to see what the car has been doing, ie; speeds,rpm,and anything else they can do, crash info, etc........ these are what they now have in aircraft......... by the way they aren't black they're orange or red I forget.

Well, here's a news flash from NBC News today, "feds want to put Black boxes in cars" ....... For ppl that don't know what that is it's a data saver that can be read to see what the car has been doing, ie; speeds,rpm,and anything else they can do, crash info, etc........ these are what they now have in aircraft......... by the way they aren't black they're orange or red I forget.

Monk, all that data is stored in the vehicle's airbag computer.... already. The real question that has been debated in court is 'who owns the data' inside.... and the argument is that the owner should have exclusive ownership... but the police want access when there is an accident... and they can use that data to prosecute you.

Monk, all that data is stored in the vehicle's airbag computer.... already. The real question that has been debated in court is 'who owns the data' inside.... and the argument is that the owner should have exclusive ownership... but the police want access when there is an accident... and they can use that data to prosecute you.

The obvious problem is that once they have it for the accident, then they'll want it for the traffic stop, and beyond the police, then the insurance co's, auto finance co's, etc. are sure to follow, because of the interest that they have in a given automobile. They're licking their chops and they will get their way.

The obvious problem is that once they have it for the accident, then they'll want it for the traffic stop, and beyond the police, then the insurance co's, auto finance co's, etc. are sure to follow, because of the interest that they have in a given automobile. They're licking their chops and they will get their way.
I agree with you....... I just finshed listening to to whole thing, and it's saying that a large percentage already have them and as it stands now that they all will have them in the next 2 years. Of course we'll have no say in the matter.

I agree with you....... I just finshed listening to to whole thing, and it's saying that a large percentage already have them and as it stands now that they all will have them in the next 2 years. Of course we'll have no say in the matter.

Most vehicles built in the last 15 years had data logging capability in the airbag computer, throttle angle, gear position, engine load, vehicle speed, etc.

how about data being pulled from cell phones in cases of accidents etc -

A US Department of Justice test of the CelleBrite UFED used by Michigan police found the device could grab all of the photos and video off of an iPhone within one-and-a-half minutes. The device works with 3000 different phone models and can even defeat password protections.

"Complete extraction of existing, hidden, and deleted phone data, including call history, text messages, contacts, images, and geotags," a CelleBrite brochure explains regarding the device's capabilities. "The Physical Analyzer allows visualization of both existing and deleted locations on Google Earth. In addition, location information from GPS devices and image geotags can be mapped on Google Maps."

The ACLU is concerned that these powerful capabilities are being quietly used to bypass Fourth Amendment protections against unreasonable searches.

"With certain exceptions that do not apply here, a search cannot occur without a warrant in which a judicial officer determines that there is probable cause to believe that the search will yield evidence of criminal activity," Fancher wrote. "A device that allows immediate, surreptitious intrusion into private data creates enormous risks that troopers will ignore these requirements to the detriment of the constitutional rights of persons whose cell phones are searched."

how about data being pulled from cell phones in cases of accidents etc -

A US Department of Justice test of the CelleBrite UFED used by Michigan police found the device could grab all of the photos and video off of an iPhone within one-and-a-half minutes. The device works with 3000 different phone models and can even defeat password protections.

"Complete extraction of existing, hidden, and deleted phone data, including call history, text messages, contacts, images, and geotags," a CelleBrite brochure explains regarding the device's capabilities. "The Physical Analyzer allows visualization of both existing and deleted locations on Google Earth. In addition, location information from GPS devices and image geotags can be mapped on Google Maps."

The ACLU is concerned that these powerful capabilities are being quietly used to bypass Fourth Amendment protections against unreasonable searches.

"With certain exceptions that do not apply here, a search cannot occur without a warrant in which a judicial officer determines that there is probable cause to believe that the search will yield evidence of criminal activity," Fancher wrote. "A device that allows immediate, surreptitious intrusion into private data creates enormous risks that troopers will ignore these requirements to the detriment of the constitutional rights of persons whose cell phones are searched."
^^^^ Thats scary! Wow makes me want to smash my phone..... that is really disturbing.

Back