DRL LED Lighting Problem

thealliance43

Hey guys,

I bought a DRL LED kit from IJDM and It worked flawlessly the first day. The next day a screen came on my dash saying DRL Error. So I pulled the LED's out and put the stock OEM bulbs back in. I checked the fuses and still have the same problem with the stock lights now. I also disconnected the battery for a little while to see if it just needed to be reset. Can anyone help me with what this happened?

Here's my setup

Driver's side
IJDM Resistor:Plugged into the drivers side power harness

Passenger side
Wiring harness plugged into the IJDM harness
Small outputs: Resistor and LED
Long Harness across engine bay to Drivers side LED

Last edited:
This is exactly how I have it installed. Worked great the first night. Now DRL error with LED or Stock.

R2-02.jpg

I have the same kit and I don't know if it would really make a difference, but I have it wired to the driver side harness, and just a resistor on the passenger side. It's worth a try to just switch around a couple wires and see if the error goes away

my whole thing is... When I took the harness out completely and went back to stock, why wouldn't the stock oem bulbs work and remove the error code?

Also are you using only one resistor? or both?

The 20 & 21 fuse inside right? I checked and both seem fine. Could it be any other fuses?

I have an appointment at the dealership tomorrow so I hope it's nothing major.

The 20 & 21 fuse inside right? I checked and both seem fine. Could it be any other fuses?

I have an appointment at the dealership tomorrow so I hope it's nothing major.
Just play dumb and say they stopped working

hey guys,

dealership said it was a fuse and replaced it. So I'll be putting the LEDs back in. I would like to know which fuse though

fuse_002.png

Fuse 21 is the daytime running light fuse.
===
#4 Low beam on left side
#5 Low beam on right side
===
#38 Left Headlight High Beam 10 A
#39 Right Headlight High Beam 10 A

Back