E-Brake Button

Sinub

Southern California
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Coupe
Hey everyone,

I know I'm not the only one but the button on my e-brake handle has been broken for awhile now. Honestly for 30,000 miles or so. It was still under warranty when it broke, but I didn't think Honda would cover it and oh well. It's embarrassing though and I want to fix it. Has anyone found a cheap solution to this? Because I've only seen the whole assembly for sale, not just the button.

Hey everyone,

I know I'm not the only one but the button on my e-brake handle has been broken for awhile now. Honestly for 30,000 miles or so. It was still under warranty when it broke, but I didn't think Honda would cover it and oh well. It's embarrassing though and I want to fix it. Has anyone found a cheap solution to this? Because I've only seen the whole assembly for sale, not just the button.
Shoot ahparts.com and email. @Nix has said they'll pull parts off wrecked civics if they have one in stock. They may sell just the button for you.

Another option would be having it 3D printed? Start with ahparts and report back.

@iShift_6 may be able to help on the 3D? If not, there is a whole community of people who 3D print parts. Biggest thing may be color matching unless you're cool to spray paint it or whatever.

Thanks for the resources Webby. I've actually 3D printed parts before, but didn't think of doing it for this particular piece. I'd prefer an OEM button though. I'll see if I can obtain just the button itself.

Back